Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) October 20, 2016
VersionOne, the independent leader in agile lifecycle management, today announced its Fall 2016 Release to provide visibility through your entire software value stream, from strategy to development to delivery. The Fall Release includes new and enhanced agile and DevOps features that provide unparalleled insight and traceability, as well as support for leading methodologies like Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe).
VersionOne’s Fall 2016 Release includes the following:
VersionOne Lifecycle for Agile ALM
- Program Increment (PI) Objectives – Provides visibility into the specific business value being planned in each PI and an assessment of what was actually delivered. This helps ensure alignment between the development teams and the business so everyone understands the goals driving the plans and the relative importance of them.
- Program Predictability Report – Uses the PI Objectives to provide a report comparing the potential business value to the actual business value delivered for each PI. The report helps development leaders review each team’s performance on delivering the established objectives for a specific period of time and assess the performance for the PI as a whole.
- Enhanced Delivery at a Glance* – Provides clear visibility into the distribution of work items across the delivery workflow. This feature shows the delivery state of each Portfolio Item by representing the distribution of work items across the delivery workflow and identifying the number of work items that are "done vs. delivered", to help identify work that has been completed, but not yet shipped. In addition, rogue commits can be fixed by associating them with the appropriate VersionOne Lifecycle work item. Once corrected, the new work item relationship will automatically be updated in VersionOne Continuum™.
- New Strategic Theme Reporting and Visualization – Provides a new Strategic Theme Scorecard and Sunburst Diagram visualizations into the key performance indicators and the Portfolio Items (also called Epics, Capabilities, or Features) for each Strategic Theme to help ensure alignment between an organization’s portfolio vision and overall business strategy.
- Enhanced Sprint/Iteration Scheduling – Helps to easily organize and assign prioritized product backlog items (stories and defects) to specific sprints and teams using a drag and drop planning environment. Development leaders can visually determine when a team has reached its capacity using a team’s historical velocity along with the targeted and planned story points for each sprint.
- New CommitStream Perforce GitSwarm & Perforce P4V Integrations – Allows organizations to integrate these top of the line version control systems into their toolchain to provide a real-time view into the code commits across the development cycle.
- New CommitStream Subversion Integration – Allows organizations to visualize activity in their Subversion repositories.
VersionOne Continuum for DevOps
- New Continuum Package Metrics – Provides immediate visibility into packages and associated work items as they move through the delivery cycle with new delivery summary and value goal package metrics. Development leaders can also get a clear understanding of work items status and the time spent in the entire delivery workflow or each stage of production.
VersionOne Connect™ for Enterprise Integration
- New Bugzilla 5.0 Integration – Provides current Bugzilla support, updates to the Bugzilla REST API, and adds access token support. Development leaders can specify the bugs require engineering attention and they will automatically appear as defects in the VersionOne Lifecycle.
“As large-scale agile adoption continues to grow, we’re seeing an increasingly critical demand for end-to-end visibility – from strategy through development and delivery,” said VersionOne CEO and Co-founder Robert Holler. “VersionOne gives software stakeholders at all levels – enterprise, portfolio, program, project, and team – the insights they need in a single, unified system.”
Learn more about VersionOne’s Fall 2016 Release.
VersionOne is a recognized leader and visionary in agile lifecycle management software and services. Our mission is to help companies envision and deliver great software. Our promise is to promote and serve the best interests of the agile software development community with respect and humility. Every day, we work hard to make a difference in our community and with our customers.
Today, more than 50,000 teams at 1,000 companies, including 33 of the Fortune 100, use our solutions to help scale their agile and DevOps initiatives faster, easier, and smarter. Whether a small team just starting out with agile or a global enterprise scaling agile, VersionOne customers get the best solutions in the industry backed by the pioneers in agile lifecycle management. VersionOne has offices in Atlanta and in Amsterdam.
*VersionOne Continuum is required.
VersionOne is a registered trademark and Continuum and Connect are trademarks of VersionOne Inc.
Scaled Agile Framework and SAFe are registered trademarks of Scaled Agile, Inc.