Lincoln, R.I. (PRWEB) October 21, 2016
Halloween can be a fun-filled experience for children, parents and even pets, but safety should be the top priority. That’s why Amica Insurance is sharing tips to help make it safe and enjoyable for everyone.
Safe Kids Worldwide and the ASPCA suggest the following tips to promote Halloween safety:
- When choosing a costume, be sure it’s the right size to prevent tripping and falling.
- Costumes and bags should be decorated with reflective stickers or tape. Children should also carry flashlights to help them see and be seen.
- Use face paint and makeup whenever possible, as masks can limit a child’s vision.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths, and keep your head up. Only cross the street at corners, and use traffic signals and crosswalks. Be sure to look left, right and left again when crossing.
- Children should make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them, and they should always pay attention for cars that are turning or backing up.
- Kids ages 11 or younger should not be alone at night without an adult. Children who are out without supervision should stay in areas that are familiar and well-lit, and they should trick-or-treat in groups.
- Keep all candy – especially dark or baking chocolate – away from pets, as it can be toxic to them.
- While opening the door for guests, keep the dog or cat from darting outside. Also, make sure your pet is wearing the proper identification tags in the event he or she does escape.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,500 people in 44 offices across the country. For more information, visit Amica.com.
Media inquiries can be sent to MediaCenter(at)amica(dot)com.
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.