Washington D.C. (PRWEB) October 26, 2016
The International Consortium of Minority Cybersecurity Professionals (ICMCP) today announced the dates for its Second Annual National Conference of Minority Cybersecurity Professionals to be held March 14 - 16, Washington DC.
The conference builds on the momentum of last year's Inaugural National Conference and the two successful Town Hall meetings that the ICMCP held earlier this month on the East and West Coasts, co-hosted by IBM and Symantec respectively. Held during Cybersecurity Awareness Month, the Town Halls were designed to focus on the often overlooked plight of women, African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans and Asian Pacific Islanders by shining a spotlight on the under representations these groups in cybersecurity.
The Second Annual National Conference will break from the norm of day-long sessions of talking heads by conducting 'decode sessions' that will include conference attendees who will help to devise innovative strategies to tackle cybersecurity’s diversity challenges.
What: The Second Annual National Conference to facilitate a nationwide dialogue on the growing underrepresentation of women and traditionally underrepresented minority groups in cybersecurity.
When: March 14-16, 2017
Who: Cybersecurity executives, cybersecurity professionals, exhibitors, students, and aspiring practitioners
Where: Washington, D.C.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Participate and contribute to the national dialogue effecting societal change in cyber minority under-representation
- Engage with thought-leaders from industry, government and academia who are leading and effecting societal change
- Network with peer industry professionals
- Learn from skilled cybersecurity practitioners who share the latest tools, tactics, techniques and procedures
- Explore career perspectives through panel discussions
- Attend workshops focusing on academic excellence, professional development, leadership development and entrepreneurship
- Whether you are an existing security executive, cybersecurity practitioner, or student/professional aspiring to get into the profession – there is something for you.
For more information visit http://conference.icmcp.org/
Make sure to mark your calendars and save the date.