As of Q3 2016, CLE hosts 17 game studios, over 100 professional game developers , game artists and musicians, community outreach groups, an industry working group and thriving tech and learn-to-code scenes.
Cleveland, OH (PRWEB) October 25, 2016
Over the past 24 months, the previously niche Cleveland video game community has grown into a burgeoning industry ready to explode upon the world stage with support from major players like the Greater Cleveland Film Commission, Cleveland Institute of Art and local investors. Headlines include:
- Handelabra Games follows up successful digital port of popular Sentinel’s of the Multiverse card game with Season 2.
- Local Game Developer Showcased at popular international IndieCade game festival.
- CLE IP-Focused Studio, Burning Sails, inks deal to make mobile game based on popular Showtime tv series.
- Local Studio, Deck of Dice, launches new mobile casino game in select overseas test markets.
- Greater Cleveland Film Commission announces commitment to broaden existing film/tv industry success to include interactive media & video games.
- Cleveland Institute of Art hires industry veteran, Robert Brown, as faculty co-chair of their growing Game Design Department.
- Recent Announcement of State & local funding for new standalone School of Film, Television, and Interactive Media at Cleveland State University.
- Tech Elevator, a CLE coding bootcamp with a 98% job placement rate, will be welcoming its 4th graduating class this December adding to the 55 graduates to date since opening in September 2015.
- State increases Ohio Motion Picture Tax Credit (which includes video games) to $40 million in 2016.
- Local Mobile Developer, Playvue Games, announces launch of Twitter for Games social media app.
As of Q3 2016, Cleveland hosts 17 indie game studios, over 100 professional game developers as well as many more game artists and musicians, two community outreach groups, a strategic industry working group, thriving tech and learn-to-code bootcamps, several tech incubators and co-working spaces as well as bi-annual industry leadership summits, the CLE Gaming Expo and future events already on the docket for 2017.
This weekend the CLE Video Game Industry stakes its claim in Columbus at GDEx, the Midwest’s Premier Gaming Expo held at COSI in Columbus, OH on 10/29-10/30. They’ll be debuting their new industry promotional brand, #GamesInCLE, with the #GamesInCLE Megabooth sponsored by the Cleveland Institute of Art and Hotcards.
The #GamesInCLE Megabooth will feature 11 CLE game studios and groups in the largest single footprint at the expo showcasing 100+ exhibitors from 25+ states. Having doubled in size each of it’s previous years, GDEx expects over 5,000 attendees in this it’s 4th year where it will all but consume every free space at the popular science and education center, COSI.
The story of Cleveland’s comeback doesn’t end with the RNC, a Cavs Championship and an Indians World Series. Games are in The CLE. #GamesInCLE
For a full article based on this release, please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/more-than-just-championship-sports-happening-cle-keith-blake
For more information about GDEx, please visit http://www.thegdex.com.
For more information about #GamesInCLE Megabooth, please visit http://www.gamesincle.com.
For interviews, promotional graphics, studio/group contacts and more information about the CLE Game Industry, please contact CLE Game Co-Op Founder, Keith F. Blake, at email@example.com.
What is the CLE Game Co-Op?
The CLE Game Co-Op is a group of game devs, artists, musicians & supporters committed to building a thriving CLE game dev community focused on publishing CLE-made games by collaborating, coordinating, motivating, supporting & promoting CLE game devs through every step of the game development & publishing process.
CLE Game Co-Op in the News
WKYC Channel 3: http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/cleveland-game-co-op-unites-game-developers/260781478
Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anthony-hughes/video-games-are-good-for-_b_11394352.html
About Playvue Games
Playvue Games is a CLE-based social mobile game and platform developer. Playvue seeks to connect players with developers and developers with players through a Twitter for Games-like mobile discovery and sharing app launching on the app stores later this year. For more information and early access, please visit http://www.playvue.com.