"Karen knows that not everyone’s mom is a PHD in early childhood development, so the online skill building and test prep program she developed with her mom’s and other educator’s guidance has since become a go-to learning program for all children..."
New York, NY (PRWEB) November 14, 2016
Karen Quinn, testing authority and co-founder of http://www.TestingMom.com, best-selling author of The Ivy Chronicles and Testing for Kindergarten, shares her son Sam’s story on public television's Voices in America with James Earl Jones. You may catch the spotlight on various public television channels from September 2016 through September 2017 or you may watch the video here: Voices in America special featuring Karen Quinn.
As a thought-leader in education, Karen shares how her own son’s struggle became a success story, not only for her son, Sam, but it also became a boon for children around the world! Her mother, a PHD in early childhood development, helped Karen develop a program to use with Sam to build his cognitive skills—and it not only brought out the best in Sam, he had fun learning, as well. Sam went from the doctor saying he’d always be in special education after he scored in the 37% percentile on an IQ test, to earning a 94% percentile just one year later working with his mother, and getting into a top elementary school. In fact, in kindergarten his teacher couldn’t believe there had ever been any learning delays. Sam grew up and recently graduated from NYU!
Karen knows that not everyone’s mom is a PHD in early childhood development, so the online skill building and test prep program she developed with her mom’s and other educators' guidance has since become a go-to learning program for all children across America that empowers and guides parents to take charge of their child’s intellectual development.
- Today Testing Mom is renowned for helping parents prepare their pre-K to 8th grade children for testing, kindergarten, and school readiness with tools for success, disguised as play.
- With co-founder, Michael McCurdy, a NYC gifted and talented parent expert and one of the most popular “Daddy bloggers” in NYC, they created an all-in-one-place, online, easy-to-access program with all the resources and guidance that Karen wishes had been available when her son, Sam, was struggling. Michael’s own daughter attended the much sought after District 2 gifted and talented program at PS 33 Chelsea Prep in NYC, which gave him personal insight into the gifted testing process, as well.
- Testing Mom, LLC out of Texas is an online-based membership service for parents seeking prep materials and expert guidance on Gifted and Talented and private school admissions. Their programs also help children with skill building activities in math, English language arts, reading, science, history, social studies, chess, coding, keyboarding and much more for school, enrichment and testing success.
- Testing Mom has changed the whole process of understanding what getting your child into a competitive school program is all about, what the testing is all about, and how to navigate the complicated process.
- TestingMom offers free resources, as well as low cost subscription options, so that any parent can help prepare their child for school in a way that feels like play. In the past, preparing a child for important admissions tests could cost thousands of dollars in tutors and materials. The affordability of the TestingMom.com program has truly leveled the playing field so that all children now have a chance to practice and prepare for admissions tests that provide access to exciting new learning opportunities and can change the trajectory of their educational futures.
- Testing Mom membership services include expert advice, tele-seminars, practice questions, as well as books and games. Their materials include practice questions for most popular tests given to students for entry into gifted and talented and GATE programs across the nation. These include practice questions for tests like the CogAT, OLSAT, NNAT-2, ITBS and dozens more.
Thanks to Karen’s foresight and ingenuity, inspired by her son Sam’s early challenges, her company, http://www.TestingMom.com, is preparing tomorrow’s leaders by making education a priority. Her program is for every child, in every circumstance, giving him/her tools to prepare for all of life’s tests.
For more information, contact Karen Quinn at 917-510-3116 or Michael McCurdy at 917-510-3115.