Tampa, Florida (PRWEB) November 03, 2016
Independent drug chain Benzer Pharmacy has been selected to order Cosentyx® (secukinumab), a limited distribution drug.
Cosentyx® which is manufactured by Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, is a biologic product and only interleukin-17A inhibitor that is FDA approved to treat adults with any of the following autoimmune inflammatory disorders: moderate to severe plaque psoriasis, active psoriatic arthritis, or active ankylosing spondylitis.
The drug is intended for patients who are eligible for systemic therapy, phototherapy or a combination of the two; which is given by patient self-injection and is highly effective in improving patient symptoms and enhancing quality of life.
“We are excited about this privilege as this is a limited-distribution drug which is only available through a selected few specialty pharmacies.” Says Lindsay Wall, Benzer Pharmacy Chief Clinical Officer.
Benzer Pharmacy has been selected following its highest standards for clinical expertise, patient education, personalized services, treatment monitoring and support.
Patients who need a specialty pharmacy often are challenged with complex and chronic conditions requiring advanced drug therapies, injectable medications and more complicated treatment regimens.
“Our patient advocates assist in managing these complex treatment regimens, and handle insurance concerns.” Adds Lindsay.
Benzer Pharmacy will deliver Cosentyx® through five of its full service stores located at:
301 Havendale Blvd. Auburndale, FL 33823; 11304 Hawthorne Dr. Suite 120 Mint Hill, NC 28227; 4860 Rucker Rd. Suite #1 Moneta, VA 24121; 28577 Schoenherr Rd. Waren, MI 48088; and 2525 Canal St New Orleans, LA 70119.
For more information about Cosentyx and Novartis Pharmaceuticals can be found at http://www.cosentyx.com.
For more information, call: 877-4-BENZER
ABOUT BENZER PHARMACY
Benzer Pharmacy is a chain of independent retail pharmacies that specializes in specialty drugs and also focusses on medication management programs for people with complex chronic diseases, including Hepatitis, HIV, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), Dermatological conditions and Gastrointestinal Disorders (GI). The first Benzer Pharmacy opened in the year 2009 and there are now over 60 locations throughout Tennessee, Florida, Michigan, Virginia, North Carolina, Texas, Georgia, Nevada, Oklahoma, Iowa, Louisiana and Arkansas.
- 2016: Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) accreditation for Specialty Pharmacy
- 2015: PCAB compounding accreditation with Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC)
- Florida Fast 50 (2016) - Tampa Bay’s Fastest Growing Companies.
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year, (2016) - Benzer Pharmacy CEO was a Florida Finalist.
- CFO of the Year Awards (2016): Finalist Large company category.
- Chain Drug Review (2016: Rank 54 out of 100 in the Top 100 Chains by Pharmacy Count
- Inc. 5000 (2015): Rank 1500 - Fastest growing private company in America.
- Florida Fast 100 (2015): Rank 39 out of 100 – Fastest growing private companies in Florida
- TBBJ 200 (2015): Rank 67 out of 200 - Tampa Bay’s largest private companies
All Benzer Pharmacy medications require a doctor's prescription. For more information: http://www.benzerpharmacy.com