"Featuring the experience of remote workers themselves is a natural extension of Remote.co’s devotion to the entire life cycle of the distributed work model,” said Sara Sutton Fell, Founder/CEO of Remote.co and FlexJobs
Boulder, CO (PRWEB) November 02, 2016
Remote.co, the definitive resource for remote companies and professionals interested in or already embracing remote work, is excited to launch a new section that features insight from experienced remote workers themselves.
So far, dozens of successful remote workers and digital nomads from companies such as Dell, Anthem, GitHub and Automattic have shared their experiences of becoming a remote worker, how they work remotely, their remote career and their remote life. The remote worker section complements the 108 remote companies on Remote.co that have shared best practices for using remote work as a sustainable business practice.
Telecommuting continues to be the most popular form of flexible work for job seekers, and experienced telecommuters are increasing the amount of time they spend working from home. Of those who telecommuted in 2015, 22 percent telecommuted more this year than last year. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, thirty-seven percent of U.S. workers say they have telecommuted, four times greater than 9 percent in 1995.
“Featuring the experience of remote workers themselves is a natural extension of Remote.co’s devotion to the entire life cycle of the distributed work model,” said Sara Sutton Fell, Founder/CEO of Remote.co and FlexJobs. “Reading how real remote workers and digital nomads work this way can help everyone, from people considering remote work to people who’ve worked remotely for years. Remote work comes with its own positives and challenges. Rather than just talking about them in theory, we wanted to hear what works and what doesn’t, from the folks who put remote work into practice every day,” Sutton Fell concluded.
Remote workers featured on Remote.co span career fields such as computer/IT, marketing, education and travel. Positions vary as well, with job titles such as CEO, head of content, programmer, marketer and writer. Professional-level remote jobs are available across a wide variety of industries, thanks largely to cloud-based technologies, new collaboration tools, and changing priorities and expectations from the workforce itself.
These experienced remote workers provide in-depth answers to a variety of questions, such as:
- How did you convince your company to let you work remotely?
- How do you cope with feeling lonely while working remotely?
- How has working remotely impacted your career plans?
- Do you use coworking spaces? What are the best ones?
- What apps or websites can’t you work remotely without?
- How do you stay connected to your professional community virtually?
- What are your favorite cities in which to work remotely?
Remote.co’s featured workers identify as either home-based remote workers or digital nomads. The digital nomads share additional information about how remote work supports their nomadic lifestyle, including the time spent traveling and the cities and countries they’ve visited.
Since launching in July 2015, Remote.co has grown into four main sections.
1. Remote Company Q&As: leaders from 108 remote companies, representing over 8,600 distributed team members, have answered questions about issues relevant in a virtual environment. The most popular question on Remote.co so far has been “What traits do you look for in candidates for a remote job?”
2. Remote Worker Q&As: Remote workers and digital nomads share insight on how they successfully work remotely.
3. Remote Jobs: Remote.co curates remote job listings in the most in-demand categories, such as software, marketing, HR and writing.
4. Remote Work Blog: 210+ articles, including 25+ from expert guest authors such as Dell and PGi, have been published in three main categories--the benefits of going remote; how to build remote teams; and how to manage remotely.
For more information, please contact Kathy Gardner at kgardner(at)flexjobs.com or visit https://remote.co.
Remote.co is the definitive remote work resource. Designed specifically for professionals and companies interested in or already embracing remote work, Remote.co is the leading space for innovative conversations around remote work.
FlexJobs is the leading online service for professionals seeking telecommuting, flexible schedule, part-time, and freelance jobs. With flexible job listings in over 50 career categories, and opportunities ranging from entry-level to executive and freelance to full-time, FlexJobs offers job seekers a safe, easy, and efficient way to find professional and legitimate flexible job listings. Having helped over two million people in their job searches, FlexJobs has appeared on CNN and Marketplace Money and in TIME, Forbes, Fortune, and hundreds of other trusted media outlets. FlexJobs' Founder & CEO Sara Sutton Fell has also launched two additional partner sites, Remote.co and 1 Million for Work Flexibility, to help provide education and awareness about the viability and benefits of remote working and work flexibility. Sutton Fell is also the creator of The TRaD* Works Forum (*Telecommuting, Remote, & Distributed), dedicated to helping companies leverage the benefits of telecommuting, remote and distributed teams.