By providing an integrated, but extensible, virtual simulator application, we give [system integrators] the best of both worlds: game-quality immersive simulation combined with open architecture.
Cambridge, Mass (PRWEB) November 09, 2016
VT MÄK, (MÄK), a company of Vision Technologies Systems, Inc. (VT Systems), today announced a new virtual simulation product called VR-Engage. Developed for use in training simulations or laboratory experimentation, VR-Engage lets users play the role of a first person human character; a ground vehicle driver, gunner or commander; or the pilot of a fixed wing aircraft or helicopter.
Built on mature proven technologies, VR-Engage gets its simulation engine from VR-Forces, its game-quality 3D graphics from VR-Vantage and its network interoperability from VR-Link.
- A high-fidelity vehicle physics engine needed for accurate vehicle motion.
- Ground, rotary and fixed-wing vehicles along with the full library of friendly, hostile, and neutral DI-Guy characters.
- Radio/Voice communications over DIS and HLA.
- Sensors, weapons, countermeasures, and behavior models for air-to-air, air-to-ground, on-the-ground, and person-to-person engagements.
- Vehicle/person-specific interactions with the environment (open/close, move, destroy, etc.)
- Terrain agility – like VR-Vantage & VR-Forces, you can use the terrain you have or take advantage of innovative streaming and procedural terrain techniques.
VR-Engage is ready to use out-of-the-box. It can be deployed as a trainee simulator, as a role player station, an instructor aid, a desktop simulation game, or even as a VR headset experience. As MÄK focuses on the needs of system integrators, MÄK designed VR-Engage to be flexible: It can be customized and extended to meet program-specific requirements, and can be integrated into a diverse range of system configurations. MÄK has a pricing and support model that has proven to be effective with system integrators both before and after they choose MÄK.
Natively compliant with DIS & HLA, VR-Engage can be used in multi-player classroom environments, and can interoperate with existing simulation applications and 3rd party SAF/CGFs. When VR-Engage is used in conjunction with VR-Forces and other MAK products, you can reap the additional benefits of a common system architecture:
- The VR-Forces GUI (graphical user interface) can serve as a common instructor interface to manage both the player-controlled entities and computer-generated forces (CGF) entities - including unified laydown, checkpointing, drag/drop, and scenario save/load.
- Users can build terrains, models, and configurations once, and deploy them across VR-Engage player stations, the VR-Forces CGF, and any other applications that use VR-Vantage IG.
- Role-play multiple entities at a time by switching between manual and CGF control on-the-fly; or act as a gunner or other crew member of a VR-Forces-driven entity.
- Common representation of the environment across player and CGF stations, including synchronized weather, time-of-day, and dynamic terrain.
“We’re thrilled to add VR-Engage to our lineup of COTS products. Our global customer base of system integrators in the Training and Simulation market has been building virtual simulators directly on top of VR-Vantage and VR-Forces for quite some time. By providing an integrated, but extensible, virtual simulator application, we give them the best of both worlds: game-quality immersive simulation combined with open architecture. Customers can reduce their time-to-implementation while still enjoying the flexibility to customize and control key aspects of the system.”
— Dan Schimmel, CEO
“When your Semi-Automated Forces and virtual simulators use different terrain formats, different scenario concepts, and incompatible user interfaces, you spend a lot of your project’s budget on basic integration and duplicative work - and often end up with a lowest-common-denominator solution. By building the VR-Engage player station on the same foundation as our VR-Forces CGF, we can provide a unified simulation environment that is already correlated and coherent. Our customers can move immediately to adding value by applying their unique expertise.”
— Len Granowetter, VP, Products and Solutions
For more information, see mak.com/vr-engage.
VT MÄK develops software for live, virtual, and constructive simulation. Built upon a strong foundation of COTS products, MÄK delivers simulation, gaming, and networking technology in a flexible platform to meet the requirements of training system integrators, experimentation labs, and end users. Our primary users are in the aerospace and defense industries, yet our products and services can help customers anywhere modeling and simulation is needed to train, plan, analyze, experiment, prototype, and demonstrate. MÄK is dedicated to serving our customers by building capable products, offering superior technical support, and innovating new ways to build, populate and view interoperable 3D simulated worlds. MÄK continues to take advantage of new technologies that further the state of simulation. Our products help users link, simulate and visualize their world. VT MÄK is a company of VT Systems. Please visit http://www.mak.com for more information.
VT Systems is an engineering company providing integrated solutions to the commercial and government markets in the aerospace, electronics, land systems and marine sectors. VT Systems’ innovative solutions, products and services include aircraft maintenance, repair and modification; software solutions in training and simulation; satellite-based IP communications technology; network solutions that integrate data, voice and video; rugged computers and computer peripheral equipment; specialized truck bodies and trailers; weapons and munitions systems; road construction equipment; and ship design and shipbuilding. Headquartered in Alexandria, Va., VT Systems operates globally and is a wholly owned subsidiary of ST Engineering. Please visit http://www.vt-systems.com.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Phone: (1) 617-876-8085 x138
Fax: (1) 617-876-9208
Manager, Corporate Communications
Phone: (1) 703-739-2610
Fax: (1) 703-739-2611