This is an excellent opportunity to bring attention to hard working education brand marketing professionals who do amazing work,
Parker, CO (PRWEB) November 15, 2016
The search is on for the 2016 International Brand Master, an exemplary educational marketing and branding professional, who will be recognized in the eighth annual International Brand Master Award competition sponsored by Educational Marketing Group (EMG), a premier U.S. brand development and marketing agency. Educational marketing professionals may nominate a colleague or themselves now through Friday, January 13, 2017, on EMG's website at http://emgonline.com/ibm-award/past-awards/2016-master/.
"This is an excellent opportunity to bring attention to hard working education brand marketing professionals who do amazing work," said Bob Brock, president of EMG.
International Brand Master Award nominees must be educational marketing professionals who:
- Are current branding, marketing, and/or communications professionals employed by an educational organization anywhere in the world;
- Have at least 3 years of professional marketing or communications experience;
- Have demonstrated exceptional skill and expertise in brand management, marketing, communications or related fields;
- Have attained outstanding success or realized exceptional achievement during the 2016 calendar year;
- Are a model of ethical and professional conduct;
- Exemplify a willingness and ability to advance the branding and marketing profession.
A top-notch international panel of judges comprised of EMG senior consultants, prior awardees, and several experienced volunteers from the profession carefully review the credentials and achievements of each nominee. This panel selects up to three finalists based on their credentials and achievements. Marketing practitioners from around the world then have the opportunity to vote for their candidate of choice from among the finalists. The scores of the select panel of judges and the public votes are combined to determine the International Brand Master.
This year's winner will join an elite club of previous International Brand Masters:
- 2015: Shelly Brenckman, Marketing Coordinator, Texas A&M University Startup Aggieland
- 2014: David Peck, Vice President of University Relations, Azusa Pacific University
- 2013: Seth Odell, Director of Interactive Marketing, Southern New Hampshire University
- 2012: Jason Cook, Vice President for Marketing & Communications, Texas A&M University
- 2011: Emma Leech, Director of Marketing and Communications, University of Nottingham
- 2010: John Lichtenberg, Chief Marketing & Enrollment Officer, Walsh College
- 2009: Andrew Careaga, Director of Communications, Missouri University of Science and Technology.
Since the creation of the award in 2009, nominations have come in from across the U.S., Belgium, Netherlands, Australia, the United Kingdom, and Thailand. Over the last six years, highly successful volunteer judges in the educational marketing field hailed from the U.S., Finland, Canada, England, Ireland, and South Africa. And during the public voting portion of the finalists during the last six years, over 8,000 votes were cast worldwide via EMG’s website, and on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.
# # #
International Brand Master Award Background
The International Brand Master award was established in 2009. In 2015, EMG received nominations from the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia and Portugal. A blue-ribbon panel of volunteer international judges reviewed supporting materials provided by the nominees. The judges narrowed the pool of seven nominees to two from the United States, Shelly Brenckman, Texas A&M University, and Katie Kempf, Ursuline Academy, and one from Australia, Johanna Lowe, University of Sydney. The three finalists were asked to provide a 500-word and three-URL statement which were voted on by professional marketers from around the world. Over the previous seven years, over 9,000 votes from around the world were cast. The winner was chosen by a combination of public votes and the EMG panel of judges. For more information see: http://emgonline.com/ibm-award/.
Educational Marketing Group Background
EMG is a full-service, integrated brand development and marketing agency that provides custom-tailored research, brand development, creative development, new media services, professional development and media services for universities throughout North America. Headquartered in Denver, the company was established in 1997 and has operated in the education arena exclusively for 18 years. Clients have included North Carolina State University, Old Dominion University, University of Mary Washington, Washington State University, Virginia Tech, Cal Poly, Dalhousie University, University of Victoria, University of Colorado, University of Illinois, University of Michigan, University of Wyoming, and many others. Information: http://www.emgonline.com.