Rolling Meadows, Ill. (PRWEB) November 09, 2016
The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery recently was recognized with 10 awards – including two Platinums and three Golds – in the 2016 MarCom Awards competition.
The MarCom Awards is an international creative competition administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals. The competition is among the largest of its kind, receiving more than 6,000 entries each year from dozens of countries.
MarCom judges are senior-level marketing and communications professionals charged with selecting winners, “whose work serves as a benchmark for the industry.”
“ASDS members have a long history as innovators and pioneers in dermatologic surgery, and one of our key efforts is sharing those accomplishments both internally and with the public,” said ASDS President Naomi Lawrence, MD. “It’s gratifying to see those efforts receive national recognition.”
MarCom’s top honor – the Platinum Award – was presented to the Society in two categories:
- Fluence, the 2015 ASDS/ASDSA Annual Report, as a top association publication. The 36-page document highlights the Society’s top accomplishments.
- “A History of Innovation: ASDS Members,” as an outstanding informational web video showcasing the many innovations pioneered by ASDS members.
Gold Awards were presented to ASDS for the following:
- Association website: The ASDS website, featuring a wealth of public resources as well as education and training, branding materials and practice resources for members.
- Web video: “Margie’s Story,” a patient testimonial video made available to members as part of the ASDS branding campaign.
- Direct-mail brochure: The 2016 ASDS Annual Meeting registration brochure, offering comprehensive information on educational courses, faculty, events and logistical information for ASDS Annual Meeting attendees.
ASDS also won five Honorable Mention MarCom Awards:
- Web video: “Christine’s Story,” a patient testimonial video on cosmetic dermatologic surgery treatments.
- Informational web video: “Cosmetic Medical Procedures: Who Are the Pioneers?,” a news video on a first-of-its-kind scientific study providing powerful evidence that dermatologists are the premier innovators in 14 of 18 categories of non-invasive and minimally invasive cosmetic medical procedures.
- Association publication: Currents as a top association member magazine.
- Public relations brochure: 2016-17 ASDS Experts Guide. The guide – which helps connect ASDS experts with media members for interviews – features more than 200 member bios and was distributed to media nationwide.
- Magazine advertising: The ASDS Referring Physician magazine ad, aimed at increasing public and referring physician awareness of the Society and positioning ASDS members as leaders in skin health and beauty.