“HNA gets bigger and better each year, reflecting ICPI’s industry achievements and the growing demand for segmental pavement systems, segmental retaining walls, natural stone, and hardscapes,” said Charles McGrath, ICPI’s executive director.
Chantilly, Va. (PRWEB) November 09, 2016
More contractors and dealers attended the 10th Annual Hardscape North America (HNA) trade show than ever before.
Attendance for HNA, an Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI) event, and GIE+EXPO jumped 11 percent this year, with more than 10,500 landscape and hardscape professionals in attendance. HNA exhibits increased 18.5 percent, including 72 new exhibiting companies. HNA and GIE+EXPO was held at the Kentucky Exposition Center, October 20-22.
“HNA gets bigger and better each year, reflecting ICPI’s industry achievements and the growing demand for segmental pavement systems, segmental retaining walls, natural stone, and hardscapes,” said Charles McGrath, ICPI’s executive director. “Concrete paver sales increased by 14.5 percent in the U.S. and Canada during 2015 to an estimated 690 million square feet. This surging market is creating expanded opportunities for hardscape contractors and dealers, and HNA is North America’s biggest event of the year for these professionals.”
In addition to the trade show floor, HNA featured:
- Outdoor hardscape demonstrations in a continuous build format
- A keynote address from John Schnatter, founder and CEO, Papa John’s Pizza
- Installation and business educational opportunities for contractors, including an Executive Workshop and briefing sessions
- A program exclusively geared towards helping dealers and distributors grow their businesses
- The Hardscape North America Installer Championships with 24 teams competing from the United States and Canada
- The 2016 HNA Hardscape Awards, which honor projects by contractors building residential walkways, patios, driveways, commercial plazas, parking lots, and streets using concrete pavers, clay bricks, segmental retaining walls, and a combination of hardscape products
The 2017 Hardscape North America show is scheduled to take place October 18-20 at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
About Hardscape North America
Hardscape North America (HNA), THE hardscape show for contractors and dealers/distributors, is an ICPI event. Its focus is to bring top-notch education including certification courses, products and technology to contractors, installers, and dealers involved in the segmental pavement and retaining wall industries, as well as to provide networking opportunities. HNA features indoor and outdoor exhibits displaying state-of-the-art tools and products and trade floor demonstrations and offers the latest technology for contractors. Hardscape North America is endorsed by the National Concrete Masonry Association and the Brick Industry Association. To learn more about HNA, visit HardscapeNA.com.
About Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute
ICPI is the trade association representing the growing industry of segmental concrete pavement systems in the United States and Canada. The association’s membership includes producers, contractors, suppliers, design professionals, and distributors. ICPI is the authority for concrete pavers, which are universally recognized as the best value for pavement systems. The association delivers education and technical guidance leading to awareness, acceptance and use of segmental concrete pavement systems in the United States and Canada. For more information, visit http://www.icpi.org.