"It is so wonderful to see so many families come out and enjoy the holiday together, and the best part is knowing that it all goes to help needy families and children in our community." - Race Director Karen Meadows
Rosemary Beach, FL (PRWEB) November 10, 2016
This is not your average Turkey-trot! Nearly 2,000 record-breakers, running enthusiasts and some just looking to get a head start on burning off their pumpkin pie will line up in beautiful Rosemary Beach on Thursday, November 24, 2016 at 7:30 AM, raising tens of thousands of dollars benefiting four local charities. This year marks the Fifth anniversary of the race, which to date has given more than $150,000 back to their local non-profit partners. This year the team aims to raise that contribution to $200,000.
- Wednesday, November 23, 2016 from Noon – 7 PM Fall Festival and Packet Pick Up – includes games, live music, silent auction and vendor fair. Free and open to the public at 30Avenue
- Thursday, November 24, 2016 7:30 AM 10K Race and 1 Mile Fun Run starting in Downtown Rosemary Beach
- Friday, November 25, 2016 All Day Black Friday Social Media Shopping Contest. Win hundreds of dollars in prizes by joining in our Black Friday Social Media Shopping Contest; Shop, Eat, or Work Out at any South Walton establishment. Take a photo while you are there and post to Instagram, Twitter or Facebook tagging @30A10K all day long! Extra entries if photos include your 30A 10K race bib or medal. Winners announced the following week on fb.com/30a10k.
Race directors and a representative from one or more of our charity organizations will be available at our Fall Festival at 30Avenue between 1PM and 2PM Wednesday, November 23, 2016.
Local organizations can apply each Spring to receive funds from the 30A 10K Charity Events by contacting the team directly. The Proceeds from this year’s race will directly benefit four local charity organizations in the following ways:
- Purchase a new $11,000 fire extinguisher training system for the South Walton Fire District, which may be used to teach thousands of workers in day cares, hospitals, businesses and hotels how to extinguish a fire safely.
- Financially support the Northwest Florida Guardian ad Litem Foundation, a volunteer advocacy program for helping children in the foster care system.
- Donate to Anchorage Children’s Home, a local non-profit organization providing emergency shelter, street outreach, transitional living, group homes, family counseling and case management care to abused and neglected youth in our community.
- Fund the Walton County Sheriff’s Department’s Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), which seeks to find a cure for juvenile diabetes.
About the Race Team
The 30A 10K was founded by USA Triathlon and USATF Certified Coach and personal trainer Karen Meadows in 2011. As an elite athlete Karen has conquered feats ranging from two unique Ironman races to more than 15 marathons including the notorious Boston Marathon. The race team also includes Amy Stoyles and Craig Baranowski, both nationally competitive athletes.