“It’s quite simple—empower by Allsup provides a better, more efficient way for people to find out if they may be eligible for SSDI benefits and to start their Social Security disability application.” – Jim Allsup
Belleville, Illinois (PRWEB) November 10, 2016
Allsup has enhanced its no-cost, online tool for people with disabilities to assess their eligibility for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits with the new release of empower by Allsup®. New mobile features and additional video assistance are available with this release of the dual purpose online tool for disability insurance benefits, according to Allsup, the nation’s leading provider of SSDI representation services.
“People increasingly want to access important services through mobile technology on their smartphones, and that’s also true for those seeking SSDI benefits,” said company CEO and founder Jim Allsup.
“It’s quite simple—empower by Allsup provides a better, more efficient way for people to find out if they may be eligible for SSDI benefits and to start their Social Security disability application.”
A federal report earlier this year found 77 percent of mobile phones are internet-enabled smartphones. That means more than three in four mobile phone users have internet access, and usage continues to increase with banking, shopping, transportation, and numerous other services handled using mobile technology.
“Allsup is providing mobile access not only to a free SSDI assessment for eligibility, but also to our 32 years of SSDI experience and expert representation for your benefits,” Mr. Allsup added.
Since January 2016, more than 1.8 million people have applied for Social Security disability benefits, according to SSA data.
Nationally, the approval rate for Social Security disability benefits is only 33 percent. In comparison, first-time applicants who choose Allsup as their SSDI representative have a 50 percent higher success rate with their SSDI application.
“Our focus continues to help our customers receive their SSDI benefits as quickly as possible, avoid the hearing level and lengthy backlogs, if at all possible, and help disability applicants understand Social Security’s return-to-work program, if they medically recover,” Mr. Allsup explained.
Apply For SSDI Benefits With Representation
Following are the top five benefits of empower by Allsup for SSDI benefits.
1. Individuals can find out in minutes their likelihood of being eligible for Social Security disability benefits. Those with a severe, work-disrupting disability can avoid Social Security’s long lines and go online for a quick assessment. Learn more at Allsup.com.
2. SSDI applicants are in for a shock if their application is denied—delays at the hearing level average more than 540 days. Claimants with an SSDI representative like Allsup for their initial application are more likely to receive their benefits the first time, and avoid months or years of waiting during appeals.
3. Inexperienced Social Security disability applicants often make innocent mistakes on their initial application that can result in a denial. Applicants using empower by Allsup have an advocate because the tool is designed to ask applicants the right questions to document the information the SSA needs to make a proper claim decision.
4. This streamlined, online process helps smooth the complicated steps in the SSDI process. Allsup disability specialists provide live customer service and support—while empower by Allsup users access user-friendly videos, audio messaging and numerous tips online.
5. Disability insurance applicants receive ongoing support with empower by Allsup unlike anything else available. They receive help understanding all of the SSDI program’s benefits, including work incentives that help individuals return to work if they medically recover.
To qualify for SSDI benefits, individuals must have paid FICA payroll taxes, usually worked five of the last 10 years, and have a severe work-disrupting injury or illness that is expected to last at least a year, or is terminal. Applicants also must be under full retirement age (65-67).
Find more information about SSDI eligibility and filing an SSDI application on Allsup.com.
Allsup and its subsidiaries provide nationwide Social Security disability, veterans disability appeal, return to work, exchange plan and Medicare services for individuals, their employers and insurance carriers. Allsup professionals deliver specialized services supporting people with disabilities and seniors so they may lead lives that are as financially secure and as healthy as possible. Founded in 1984, the company is based in Belleville, Illinois, near St. Louis. Visit Allsup.com.