(PRWEB) November 15, 2016
Delta Air Lines has selected Strategic Radiology to provide mobile mammography screening for Delta employees at locations across the country.
“We are very excited to forge this relationship with a large international company like Delta,” said Strategic Radiology Chairman Arl Van Moore, Jr., MD, FACR. “The size and scale of this arrangement speaks to Strategic Radiology as a national force with national capabilities. Of course, the real value is that lives will be saved because the convenience of mobile mammography means more women will be screened.”
Screenings began in September. Pilot programs data suggest the onsite screening will be the first mammogram for 20 percent of the Delta participants.
“Delta people are the backbone of the airline, so their health and wellness is a top priority for us,” said Vickie Strickland, Delta’s Director for Health Strategy and Resources. “The mobile mammography program plays an important role in helping us follow through with that commitment by providing quality care that is convenient for our employees.”
Dr. Moore credited exceptional collaboration between Strategic Radiology member groups for the arrangement. He noted that the idea began in 2014 when Delta, which was conducting a mobile mammography program with Mountain Medical in Salt Lake City, Utah, inquired if it might be expanded nationwide. “Deep collaboration between Strategic Radiology groups made this possible,” Dr. Moore said. “In many ways, this national arrangement exemplifies one of the core reasons that Strategic Radiology exists.”
While the program started at reservations and customer care centers, the goal is to expand mammography services to airport customer services agents and flight attendants. Delta is one of the world’s largest airlines with more than 80,000 employees and flights to more than 300 destinations in 56 countries.
“Not only do we want to expand with Delta, we want to be able to offer radiology services to other companies that also have locations across the country,” Dr. Moore said. He noted that Strategic Radiology also has the capability of offering a range of screening services, including those related to men’s health.
“There’s been a lot of interest from companies in working directly with one radiology group to perform these screening services nationally,” Dr. Moore said. “We think other national companies interested in the health and wellness of their employees will be interested in Strategic Radiology’s capabilities. Strategic Radiology is proud to be an innovator in the marketplace. This is a big step, not only for radiology but also for all of medicine.”
SR consists of 26 radiology group practices across the United States representing more than 1,400 radiologists. The company’s goal is to achieve higher quality patient care and more cost efficient delivery of medical imaging through an integrated approach of shared data and best practices, interchanging clinical expertise, and consolidating certain practice expenses.
More information can be found on the SR website at http://www.strategicradiology.org.
SR Core Members:
- Advanced Radiology Services; Grand Rapids, MI
- Austin Radiological Association; Austin, TX
- Central Illinois Radiological Associates; Peoria, IL
- Charlotte Radiology; Charlotte, NC
- Diversified Radiology; Denver, CO
- Huron Valley Radiology; Ann Arbor, MI
- Integra Imaging; Washington State (Inland Imaging and Seattle Radiologists)
- Jefferson Radiology; Hartford, CT
- Mountain Medical Physician Specialists; Salt Lake City, UT
- Northwest Radiology; Indianapolis, IN
- Quantum Radiology; Atlanta, GA
- Radiant Imaging, Inc.; Pasadena, CA including The Hill Medical Corporation and Arcadia Radiology Medical Group divisions
- Radiology Associates of North Texas; Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
- Radiology Associates of South Florida; Miami, FL
- Radiology Associates, PC; Little Rock, AR
- Radiology Ltd.; Tucson, AZ
- Riverside Radiology and Interventional Associates; Columbus, OH
- Southwest Diagnostic Imaging; Phoenix, AZ and affiliates EDVI Medical Imaging and Scottsdale Medical Imaging and Valley Radiologists
- University Radiology; East Brunswick, NJ
SR Affiliate Members:
- Casper Medical Imaging and Outpatient Radiology; Casper, WY
- Medical Center Radiology Group; Orlando, FL
- Modesto Radiologic Medical Group (MRMG); Modesto, CA
- Professional Radiology, Inc.; Cincinnati, OH
- Radiology Associates, PA; Little Rock, AR
- Radiologic Medical Services; Iowa City, IA
- Rome Radiology Group; Rome, GA
- Southeast Radiology, Ltd.; Glen Mills, PA