Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) November 15, 2016
Today, Chaos Group releases V-Ray 3 for Revit, a professional rendering plugin tailored to the unique needs of architects and designers. An intuitive interface and streamlined controls have made V-Ray 3 for Revit the most design-friendly renderer yet, providing a simple way to create high-quality renders directly in Autodesk Revit.
V-Ray 3 for Revit is built on the industry-standard rendering technology used by 92 of the top 100 architecture firms, and is ready for professional design and visualization projects, from imagery to VR. Optimized to handle large BIM datasets, V-Ray preserves the integrity of the BIM database, allowing architects to add realistic lights, cameras and materials using a non-destructive workflow.
“V-Ray for Revit gives us the ability to render great imagery and use it as part of our design process,” said Daniel Hurtubise, BIM manager at Renzo Piano Building Workshop. “We can test out ideas, get feedback, and make decisions faster. It’s a new level of freedom, and something we think most architects will be excited about.”
V-Ray for Revit is the next link in Chaos Group’s mission to create a unified rendering standard for the AEC community. With updates to V-Ray for SketchUp and Rhino coming soon, projects will be able to look consistent, regardless of visualization application.
“V-Ray for Revit opens visualization up to the entire design team,” said Brian Russell, V-Ray for Revit Product Manager at Chaos Group. “Now every team member can communicate more effectively at every stage of the process.”
Top Ten Features Include:
- Design-Friendly Interface – Quickly balance quality and speed with V-Ray for Revit’s render presets. Work in draft mode for early iterations and switch to high quality for presentations.
- Physical Materials – Automatically convert Revit materials to V-Ray’s physically-correct format.
- Diagrammatic Materials – Easily make scenes look diagrammatic or like a scale model with material presets like basswood and foam core.
- Physically Based Lighting – Accurate options for IES and HDR image-based lighting, as well as support for Revit Sun and Sky.
- One-Click VR Output – VR cameras can help designers verify scale during the design process.
- Aerial Perspective – Add realistic atmospheric depth with aerial perspective.
- Section Boxes – Render sections easily with full support for Revit's native section boxes.
- Denoiser – Automatically removes artifacts and noise, cutting render times with GPU-acceleration.
- Material Editor – Import and edit VRmats exported from V-Ray for 3ds Max, Rhino and SketchUp.
- V-Ray Swarm – New web-based distributed rendering allows firms to speed up rendering times by using the power of all available desktops and render nodes.
To schedule a meeting with Chaos Group or to view a demonstration in booth #2982 during Autodesk University, please contact: David Tracy, david.tracy(at)chaosgroup(dot)com.
V-Ray 3 for Revit is available now for Windows and is compatible with Autodesk Revit 2015, 2016, 2017. A full workstation license can be purchased for $695, €500, or £430, and includes a new online licensing option. Academic pricing and product availability coming soon.
About Chaos Group
Chaos Group is a worldwide leader in computer graphics technology, helping artists and designers create photoreal imagery and animation for design, television, and feature films. Chaos Group specializes in physically-based rendering and simulation software used daily by top design studios, architectural firms, advertising agencies, and visual effects companies around the globe. Today, the company's research and development in cloud rendering, material scanning, and virtual reality is shaping the future of creative storytelling and digital design. Founded in 1997, Chaos Group is privately owned with offices in Sofia, Los Angeles, Baltimore, Seoul, and Tokyo. For more information, visit: chaosgroup.com.
David Tracy, david.tracy(at)chaosgroup(dot)com
Colin McLaughlin, (503) 796-9822, colin(at)liaisonpr(dot)com