Miami, Florida (PRWEB) November 24, 2016
Karoline Smit, the founder of ELEWA, was in search of the perfect skin care product that would both protect her skin and protect the environment. On her quest to find such product, she decided to create her own.
A nurse and medical esthetician from Germany, Smit was inspired by African nature to create ELEWA, a line of natural, vegan, and fair trade products that would protect and nurture the skin. “There are a lot of natural products on the market- but maybe they are natural but not vegan, or natural but not fair trade, so I was looking for something that provided everything,” Smit said.
ELEWA in Swahili means “understand the meaning of”- and Smit’s mission is to raise awareness on the importance of holistic skin care and lifestyle. “Our skin is our largest organ; what we put onto our skin goes into our bodies, so we have to be mindful of the products that we use.”
That is why ELEWA products use only working ingredients, no artificial colors or fragrances, no parabens, no silicon, and no GMOs. The products are manufactured in the U.S., and some of the ingredients also come from here. However, some of the fruits used to make the products are hand-picked and wild-crafted in South Africa, Uganda, Botswana, Namibia, and Zimbabwe.
ELEWA products, which are sold online, are divided into four categories: cleansers, serums, skin care oils, including African beauty oils, and shea butter. Because of a unique blend of high quality oils and other natural ingredients such as rooibos, aloe barbadensis, green tea, white tea, and vitamins and minerals, the products are suitable for all kinds of skins. They provide everything the skin needs to keep its natural beauty.
- Multi Tea Facial Cleanser: This gentle cleanser, containing white, green and rooibos tea, has a lotion texture and leaves the skin refreshed, soft, smooth, clean and nourished. Suitable for every skin.
- Purification Blend Cleanser: This cleanser, containing nourishing Coconut and Olive oil, enriched with powerful essential oils for deep cleansing, is pure and gentle, suitable for face and body. Not suitable for children. Pregnant or nursing women should consult a doctor before using the cleanser.
- Rooibos Exfoliant: This rich lotion is a powerful but gentle cleansing scrub for face and body, and exfoliates your skin without stripping or harming. It is hydrating and suitable for every skin.
- Virgin Coconut Oil Exfoliant: This rich and gentle sugar scrub leaves your skin clean, soft, and nourished. It is suitable for face and body and it has a nice, discreet, coconut scent.
- Fresh Peppermint Toner: This refreshing toner, made out of USDA-certified ingredients, gently removes dead skin cells to keep the appearance of a youthful, glowing complexion.
- Rooibos Facial Serum: This very rich and moisturizing serum provides long-lasting hydration and protection for your skin. It is suitable for dry and/or sun-damaged but also sensitive and irritated skin. The serum is long-lasting and contains African marula oil.
- Facial Serum Clarity: This very light serum is suitable for irritated or sensitive skin and provides protection and hydration. This serum can be used alongside any ELEWA skin care oil.
- Facial Serum Balance: This light serum is suitable for dry, aging, and sun-damaged skin. It can be enriched with every ELEWA skin care oil.
Skin Care Oils
- Facial Oil Blend: This rich and nourishing skin care oil is suitable for every skin, even around eyes and lips. African marula oil and rosehipseed oil are the main ingredients. It provides long-lasting hydration and protection for your skin. It is rich in vitamins A and E, Omega 3 and Omega 6. This beautiful and unique blend also contains Helichrysum, black cumin seed oil, Almond, Jojoba, Macadamia nut and Apricot oil. All known for a very long time and appreciated as beauty secrets to keep the natural beauty of the skin.
- Helychrysum Purification Oil Blend: This oil blend contains essential oils and is suitable for tired skin. Gently massaged in, it leaves your skin nourished, soft and very refreshed. It has a special earthy scent. Men like this oil after shaving. Not suitable for children. Pregnant or nursing women should consult a doctor before using this oil.
- Luxury Shea Butter: This pure Luxury shea butter from Uganda has a very creamy texture. Suitable for every skin type, face and body, does it leave your skin very nourished, soft, and smooth. Especially for very dry, chapped skin.
ELEWA is a vegan, natural, and fair trade skin care products brand, manufactured without animal testing, inspired by
African nature. In Swahili, an African language, ELEWA means “understand the meaning of” and its mission is to provide options for those who follow a holistic lifestyle and care for their skin as much as they care for the environment. ELEWA products are made in the U.S. and some of their main ingredients are handpicked and wild-crafted in African countries such as South Africa, Uganda, Botswana, Namibia, and Zimbabwe. Wild crafted botanicals grow in their natural habitat. They are sustainable harvested. They are native, pure and gentle. Organic by their own nature.
About Karoline Smit
Originally from Germany, Smit is a holistic health practitioner with a Bachelor’s in spiritual healing from Yogananda Institute and an ordained Minister. She is also a certified professional life coach, specialized in holistic life-coaching for women. She founded the ELEWA natural skin care product line in Miami, selling in Germany and other European countries and now launching the line the United States.