Both models boast Acer’s proprietary 360-degree hinge providing maximum flexibility and convenience with four modes, including laptop, tablet, display and tent.
SAN JOSE, Calif. (PRWEB) November 23, 2016
- Acer Spin 7, the world’s thinnest convertible notebook(1) weighs just 2.6 pounds and features a 14-inch Full HD Corning Gorilla® Glass® display in a 13-inch chassis with a 0.43-inch thin all-aluminum body
- The compact Acer Spin 5 touts a 13.3-inch display and up to 10 hours(2) of battery life and can be used with an optional Acer Active Pen and Windows Ink
- Both models boast Acer’s proprietary 360-degree hinge providing maximum flexibility and convenience with four modes, including laptop, tablet, display and tent
Acer today announced that its new ultrathin Acer Spin 7, the world’s thinnest convertible notebook and a CES 2017 Innovations award honoree, is now shipping in the United States. Also available today is the Acer Spin 5 delivering solid performance and long battery life in a compact chassis.
Providing optimum flexibility, both the Spin 5 and Spin 7 incorporate an innovative 360-degree hinge and Continuum, so they can be used as a laptop or tablet, in space-saving display mode, or in tent mode for watching movies, sharing presentations or viewing recipes. They also deliver fast boot up and data transfer with 8GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB SSD and support 10 finger touch for quickly and easily scrolling through web pages and more. Displays with IPS technology deliver brilliant, vivid visuals that look great from any angle.
Spin 7 – Ultimate Portability and Power
The SP714-51-M4YD is the first model available in the Acer Spin 7 series. Packed with power, it offers the newest 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7Y75 Processor (1.3GHz/3.6GHz with Turbo Boost Technology) and up to 8 hours(2) of battery life, making it ideal for frequent travelers or anyone wanting to stay productive all day. It’s ultra-light at just 2.6 pounds and thinner than a DVD case with a 0.43-inch all-aluminum unibody design. Diamond cut edges provide a slender, clean profile and its 14-inch Full HD touch display’s narrow border maximizes viewing area. Durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4 makes the display tough and helps protect against scratches, while reducing reflections for better visibility outdoors.
Dual USB 3.1 Type-C ports deliver quick data transfer, connection to an external display, and can also charge the Spin 7, a smartphone and other digital devices. A USB Type-C to standard USB (Type A) adapter is also provided for leveraging legacy mice, keyboards and other peripherals. Featuring 2x2 802.11ac with MU-MIMO wireless technology, the Spin 7 provides smooth streaming, fast downloads and up to three times faster connections than older wireless standards, even at longer ranges.(3) In addition, optimized Dolby® Audio Premium® sound enhancement provides rich audio via two integrated speakers with channel output that automatically reverses when the display is flipped over.
Spin 5 – Compact, Long Battery Life
Small and compact, the Acer Spin 5 SP513-51-55ZR features a 13.3-inch Full HD display and a proprietary 360 degree dual-torque hinge, which makes it easy to open, while preventing it from toppling over when using the touchscreen. The crossed-hairline brush finish on the aluminum top cover has a fabric-like appearance, reducing fingerprints and making the Spin 5 easy to grip. Equipped with an Intel® Core™ i5-6200U processor (2.3GHz/2.8GHz with Turbo Boost Technology), the Acer Spin 5 delivers solid performance with up to 10 hours(2) of battery life. A USB 3.0 port and two USB 2.0 ports provide connectivity to a wide array of peripherals, while a MicroSD card reader can access images, data and more from other electronics. This convertible can also be used with an optional Acer Active Pen and Windows Ink.
The Acer Spin 7 and Spin 5 come with Bluetooth® 4.1 for leveraging wireless peripherals. Acer BluelightShield™ may help reduce eye strain and fatigue from long viewing sessions. For live video conferences and staying in touch face to face at home, work and on the go, the advanced HD (1280 x 720) webcam portrays clear images, while Acer TrueHarmony™ delivers quality sound.
Pricing and Availability
The Spin 7 SP714-51-M4YD is offered for $1249.99 (MSRP) and available now at the Acer Store, Amazon, Adorama, BestBuy.com, Micro Center and Newegg. The Spin 5 SP513-51-55ZR can be purchased at the Acer Store, Amazon, BestBuy.com, Jet.com, Micro Center, New Egg, QVC.com and Walmart.com with a MSRP of $649.99 (MSRP).
Established in 1976, Acer is a hardware + software + services company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale, and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's product offerings include PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets, smartphones and wearables. It is also developing cloud solutions to bring together the Internet of Things. Acer is celebrating its 40th anniversary in 2016 and is one of the world’s top 5 PC companies. It employs 7,000 people worldwide and has a presence in over 160 countries. Please visit http://www.acer.com for more information.
PanAm – Erin Davern
© 2016 Acer America Corp. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners. All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available through all sales channels. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by location. Applicable sales tax extra.
1) Based on Acer’s internal survey as of August 31, 2016 of competitors shipping > 1 million units worldwide annually of 2-in-1 convertible notebooks, Windows or OSX, measured at z-height, Intel Core processor, non-detachable keyboard.
2) Listed battery life is based on MobileMark 2014® productivity mode testing with wireless on. Details of MobileMark 2014 testing are available at http://www.bapco.com. Battery life rating is for comparison purposes only. Actual battery life varies by model, configuration, application, power management settings, operating conditions, and features used. A battery’s maximum capacity decreases with time and use.
3) To achieve the best performance, both the transmitter and receiver must support MU-MIMO. The product is based on IEEE 802.11ac draft specification and multi-user scenario. Actual speed will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network, and other factors. The claim of up to 3x faster transmission speed is valid only under scenario when wireless AP supports 4 MU streams. An 802.11ac wireless equipped PC requires an 802.11ac router to work properly.