We are redefining what it means to give. Givt isn’t just a guide, but a movement to shift the way we give and emphasize the importance of adding meaning to our holiday gifts.
New York, NEW YORK (PRWEB) November 29, 2016
Online luxury auction house Charitybuzz today announced its 2nd Annual Holiday Givt Guide, to highlight the importance of giving when gifting. The campaign will run from November 29, 2016 through December 15 with more than 100 experiences. The Holiday Givt Guide will once again reveal new experiences daily and feature items crossing the worlds of adventure, lifestyle, sports, and music. It is a curation of some of the top experiences and luxuries Charitybuzz has to offer, curated from around the world.
“We are redefining what it means to give. Givt isn’t just a guide but a movement to shift the way we give and emphasize the importance of adding meaning to our holiday gifts,” said Jan Friedlander Svendsen, Charity Network chief marketing officer. “Givting is something that can happen anytime of the year and given voluntarily to show favor toward someone or honor an occasion that also benefits a charitable organization.”
Last year CharityBuzz changed the holiday gifting landscape by introducing “givting”as an opportunity for family and friends to give and receive extraordinary experiences during the holiday season while raising funds for charity through Charitybuzz’s online auction platform. The first ever Givt Guide was a remarkable success and raised nearly $6MM for charities by auctioning experiences including:
● A private concert in your living room from Jeff Tweedy sold for $135,000
○ Benefitted: Onward Neighborhood House
● Five night for 12 cruising the Caribbean on the M/Y Lady Joy for $120,000
○ Benefitted: Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation for Cancer Research
● Lunch for two with Larry David in Los Angeles sold for $56,000
○ Benefitted: Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights
● A walk-on role in season two of Outlander in Scotland sold for $47,500
○ Benefitted: SeriousFun Children’s Network Founded by Paul Newman
● A two-week holiday to India with roundtrip airfare, accommodations and more sold for $40,000
○ Benefitted: Learning Matters
● A meeting with Lionel Messi at a Barcelona FC home game sold for $37,500
○ Benefitted: Forever Dream Foundation
● A stay on Richard Branson’s Island during Celebration Week sold for $28,500
○ Benefitted: Virgin United
This year, Charitybuzz and its impressive roster of partners will offer a slate of equally incredible auction items that simultaneously provide an opportunity to benefit charities and treat loved ones to one-of-a-kind memorable experiences including:
● Enjoy an exclusive 2-Night Stay at Ol Jogi in Kenya for up to 8 guests
○ Benefitting Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights
● Have a nature preserve in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains named after you & enjoy a 1-week RV getaway in Alaska
○ Benefitting Safe Port Initiative
● Meet Petra Nemcova and enjoy 2017 New York Fashion Week
○ Benefitting Tibet House US
● Host an At-Home Canapé Reception for up to 20 from Eric Ripert with a performance by Philip Glass
○ Benefitting Tibet House US
● Dine with Fran Drescher and Cyndi Lauper in NYC
○ Benefitting Cancer Schmancer
● Dinner with the Cast of Scandal at the LA Home of Star Katie Lowes on March 12
○ Benefiting IAMA Theatre Company
● Attend the biggest sporting event of the year, Superbowl 51 in Houston
○ Benefitting George Mark Children’s House
● Score New York Mets premium games tickets & meet announcers Howie Rose and Josh Lewin
○ Benefitting US Fund for UNICEF
Charitybuzz raises funds for nonprofits around the globe through online auctions with the world's most recognizable celebrities and brands. Featuring access to acclaimed actors and musicians, business and political leaders, sports stars, luxury travel, couture fashion, rare memorabilia and more, Charitybuzz brings its online community of bidders exclusive opportunities to live their dreams and make a difference. Since launching, Charitybuzz has raised more than $180 million for charity. Its roster of celebrity supporters includes President Clinton, Sir Paul McCartney, Tim Cook, Mick Jagger, Warren Buffet, Robert Downey Jr., Taylor Swift, Ralph Lauren, Mayor Mike Bloomberg, Barbra Streisand, Howard Stern, Chevy Chase, Billy Joel, HBO, Victoria's Secret, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, John Varvatos, David Yurman, Bruce Springsteen, Hugh Jackman, and Beyonce.
Charitybuzz is a member of the Charity Network. It serves as sister company to Chideo, a charity video network and Prizeo, a charity online sweepstakes platform. To learn more visit: http://www.charitybuzz.com.
About The Charity Network
The Charity Network harnesses the power of celebrity, technology, and media to raise awareness and funds for some of the world's toughest challenges. With a mission to complement traditional fundraising models and help charities transition from analog to digital, the Charity Network has raised hundreds of millions of dollars for causes across the globe. Launched in 2016 by entrepreneur and philanthropist Todd Wagner, the Charity Network is the parent company to three top digital fundraising platforms: Charitybuzz, Chideo, and Prizeo. Each platform is a leader in its own field: Charitybuzz in online charity auctions, Chideo in cause and entertainment content, and Prizeo in online sweepstakes and experiences. These three consumer-facing platforms, all working in tandem, reach a broad and diverse group of donors from millennials to baby boomers through a network of syndicated partners including Sinclair Broadcast Group, Tribune Company, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Twitter, Delta Airlines and more. Together with its partners the Charity Network can amplify a cause message to over 80% of US television households.
To learn more please visit: http://www.charitynetwork.com.