[Financial executives] carry an immense responsibility that deserves recognition, and what better way to deliver that than through a program driven by peers who witness first-hand their day-to-day impact.
Morristown, NJ (PRWEB) November 30, 2016
Marking its first annual nationwide Financial Executive of the Year award initiative, Financial Executives International (FEI) today announced a call for nominees. The award is presented to peer-nominated individuals who demonstrably make major impacts within their companies, ranging from increasing profitability to exhibiting exemplary leadership. Five recipients in total will be announced, one for each of the defined market segment categories. Both PWC's Private Company Services and Robert Half have committed to supporting the inaugural awards, with Robert Half sponsoring the small/mid-size public company category and PWC’s Private Company Services sponsoring the large private company category.
To be eligible, individuals must have served as Chief Financial Officer or led a finance department for a publicly or privately listed, U.S.-headquartered entity for a minimum of two years. Candidates do not have to be members of FEI to be considered. Completed nomination forms, available here, must be submitted by December 31, 2016.
“The economic climate includes a vast, shifting landscape that requires financial executives to carefully exercise judgment, to responsibly apply foresight and to intelligently cultivate an organization’s fiscal health,” said Andrej Suskavcevic, CAE, President and CEO, FEI. “As the industry association developed by and for these professionals, FEI appreciates the opportunity to pause for a moment to honor the significant contributions financial leaders make to organizations. These men and women carry an immense responsibility that deserves recognition, and what better way to deliver that than through a program driven by peers who witness first-hand their day-to-day impact.”
The FEI Selection Committee will judge nominees by the same eight criteria:
• Professional Experience: outline of nominee’s core responsibilities.
• Leadership: examples of judgment and insight successfully applied to issues shaping strategic direction.
• Team Development: examples of professional development contributions positively affecting team members.
• Entity Profile: summary of organizational impact; i.e., securing investment or financing, strategy implementation, product line impact, etc.
• Planning and Budgeting: outline of forecasting and circumstantial navigation plans.
• Control and Reporting: demonstration of financial reporting improvements and use of best practices within ethical standards.
• Social Responsibility: examples of personal and professional community influence.
• Innovation: explanation of how the nominee has successfully transformed the entity’s financial performance, contributing to the company’s overall strategic direction.
Five individuals will be honored, one in each of the following categories:
• Public Company: Small/Mid-Size
• Public Company: Large
• Private Company: Small/Mid-Size
• Private Company: Large
• Non-Profit Organization
Recipients will be celebrated at the Financial Executive of the Year Award Reception on April 23, 2017 at the Anaheim Marriott in California. The event will be held in conjunction with FEI’s Annual Financial Leadership Summit conference, April 23-25.
Financial Executives International (FEI) is the leading advocate for the views of corporate financial management. Its more than 10,000 members hold policy-making positions as chief financial officers, treasurers and controllers at companies from every major industry. FEI enhances member professional development through peer networking, career management services, conferences, research and publications. Members participate in the activities of 74 chapters in the U.S. and a chapter in Japan. FEI is located in Morristown, NJ, and Washington, D.C. Visit http://www.financialexecutives.org for more information.
Financial Executives International