Wethersfield, CT (PRWEB) November 30, 2016
U.S. News & World Report announced its annual “Best Nursing Homes” after reviewing state and federal inspection reports of 15,000 skilled nursing facilities across the country, and 11 National Health Care Associates locations were named to the list.
“Kindness, compassion, service and excellence: they are the hallmarks of our mission statement displayed in each of our centers across the Northeast. National Health Care Associates’ centers truly live up to our mission,” stated Marvin Ostreicher, president of National Health Care Associates in a statement to employees. “I am very proud that these centers were recognized for their efforts on improving the lives of those in their care. Our staff works tirelessly to provide quality care, with compassion to our patients and residents, as well as their family members. It’s great to be recognized for the care and customer service we provide across the Northeast.”
The following National Health Care Associates Centers were recognized:
- Maple View Health & Rehabilitation Center, Rocky Hill, CT: Drieu Connors, Administrator
- The Pines at Bristol Center for Health & Rehabilitation, Bristol, CT: Ray Wilkens, Administrator
- Milford Health & Rehabilitation Center, Milford, CT: Joanne Wallak, Administrator
- Cambridge Health & Rehabilitation Center, Fairfield, CT, Lew Abramson, Administrator
- Ludlowe Center for Health and Rehabilitation, Fairfield, CT: Patricia Page, Administrator
- Newton Wellesley Center for Alzheimer’s Care, Wellesley, MA: Lisa Singer, Administrator
- Norway Center for Health & Rehabilitation, Bath, ME: Gail Winchell, Administrator
- Augusta Center for Health and Rehabilitation, Augusta, ME: Kathleen O’Connor, Administrator
- Sands Point Center for Health & Rehabilitation, Port Washington, NY, Audrey Marchand, Administrator
- Belair Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, North Bellmore, NY, Mark Ruvel, Administrator
- Pine Heights at Brattleboro Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation, Brattleboro, VT: Diane Sullivan, Administrator
All of the centers above, with the exceptions of Brattleboro Center, Augusta Center and Ludlowe Center, were also recognized in 2015 as “Best Homes.” Newton Wellesley, Belair, and Sands Point centers have received this distinction each year since 2013.
According to U.S. News & World Report, the data behind the "Best Nursing Homes" comes from Nursing Home Compare, a website run by the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), which sets and enforces standards for nursing homes enrolled in Medicare or Medicaid. CMS also collects information from states and individual homes and assigns each home a rating of one to five stars in each of three categories: state-conducted health inspections, nursing and physical therapy staffing, and quality of medical care. The ratings are combined to produce an overall rating of one to five stars.
For a complete listing of the results and centers on the “Best Nursing Homes” list, visit the U.S. News & World Report website link at http://health.usnews.com/best-nursing-homes.
For more information on National Health Care Associates, including short-term rehabilitative stays, resident placement or employment opportunities, please visit http://www.nathealthcare.com.
About National Health Care Associates:
National Health Care Associates (NHCA) offers skilled nursing care services as well as extensive programs for short-term rehabilitation and post-hospital care in areas including orthopedic, cardiovascular, neurological, and post-surgical recovery and rehabilitation. NCHA manages the care of nearly 5,000 patients and residents and employs more than 7,500 professional caregivers and related staff. NHCA's signature Passport Rehabilitation program is aimed at helping patients and their families return to the best quality of life possible following a hospitalization or an acute medical episode through individualized occupational, physical and/or speech-language therapies.
Founded in 1984, National Health Care Associates (NHCA) is a growing network of 38 skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers and assisted living programs located throughout the Northeast (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Vermont), each sharing the common commitment to the highest level of quality care, a focus on customer service and providing a nurturing environment for both patients and families.
For more information on this and other National Health Care Associates affiliated facilities, including short-term rehabilitative stays, resident placement or employment opportunities, please visit http://www.NatHealthCare.com.