Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) December 07, 2016
The partners offer Carriers, Service Providers and Enterprises joint end-to-end solutions that provide next generation service-oriented network infrastructure enabled by fully programmable, high-performance OpenFlow-based forwarding planes.
The solutions feature the B4N Service Platform by Brain4Net, designed to enable smooth transition to service-oriented, converged and scalable infrastructures and open standards. The platform allows using more cost-effective OpenFlow-based switches in the place of traditional MPLS-based routers. All network services (including MEF-certified Carrier Ethernet Services) are implemented as applications on the B4N Controller (high-performance OpenFlow-based SDN controller - B4N Service Platform component).
NoviFlow’s portfolio of switches (NoviSwitch 2116 / 2122 / 2128 / 2150 / 21100) demonstrates the highest level of interoperability with the B4N Service Platform. NoviFlow’s NoviSwitches deliver carrier grade OpenFlow v1.3/1.4/1.5 at genuine wire-speed performance: up to 360 Gbps of OpenFlow throughput, up to 1 million wildcard-match flow entries, up to 15 million exact match flow entries and up to 40,000 flow-mods/sec. With their advanced management CLI and extensive L2-L7 capabilities, NoviFlow switches are an ideal choice for SDN environments built around OpenFlow.
The joint, Brain4Net and NoviFlow solutions aim to add value to customers in the following use-cases:
● Carrier Ethernet Transport provides resilient and fault-tolerant network fabrics based on OpenFlow and bare-metal hardware that allows CSPs to extend Metro Networks to Telco Datacenters, forming the unified SDN-based transport from Customer UNIs to VMs located in Datacenters.
● SD-WAN Transport assists enterprises with self-managed MPLS networks to achieve a high level of automation with commercial-off-the-shelf equipment. This solution targets companies with large geographically distributed networks – countrywide infrastructure with MPLS Core and a set of regional Metro Aggregation Networks (MAN).
Brain4Net and NoviFlow have showcased live demonstrations of their solutions at the SDN and OpenFlow World Congress in The Hague (October 2016) and the MEF16 in Baltimore, MD (November 2016). The partners are also working together to help major service providers put next generation networks into operation, including projects for the Intel Network Builders and Verizon Innovation Challenge contest.
The strategic partnership between the two organizations provides the following advantages to customers:
- Increased level of automation, OPEX savings, infrastructure convergence, network utilization, improved time-to-market, and greater flexibility of networks
- Use of Open protocols and technologies to enable a high level of interoperability while avoiding vendor lock-in
- Converged infrastructure leveraging network and service abstraction to reduce cost per bit and to meet the requirements of 5G networks
- Both NoviFlow and Brain4Net are focused on SDN-based solutions and continue to move the technology domain forward by offering innovative, cost-effective, reliable and practical approaches to modernization customer networks
- Both partners actively participate in the Open Networking Foundation (ONF) and are driving the development of the OpenFlow standard and the expansion of SDN/NFV technology.
According to Dominique Jodoin, President and CEO of NoviFlow: “Our partnership with Brain4Net is part of NoviFlow’s commitment to bring to market innovative, high-value end-to-end SDN solutions for WAN, core, access and cybersecurity. By combining B4N Service Platform with NoviSwitch, Brain4Net and NoviFlow are delivering on the promise of SDN and demonstrating with customers around the World how SDN can really make networks tremendously more agile and responsive, can greatly increase new service velocity, and significantly reduce both hardware expenses and operational costs.”
“By developing an open partner ecosystem, our company strives to enable customers with business-centric solutions based on advanced technologies,” - commented Oleg Schapov, CEO and Founder of Brain4Net, “NoviFlow is our strategic partner and NoviSwitches unleash the potential of B4N Service Platform by Brain4Net. For example, the high level of flexibility and performance of NoviFlow equipment allows its utilization for building of Mobile Backhaul with great service potential in 5G-networks. Our companies are focused on effective cooperation and technology development to maximize the business and technology values of joint solutions.”
Brain4Net Inc. is an innovative SDN/NFV solution provider for Enterprises and Service Providers. B4N Service Platform (the company’s flagship product) allows providing comprehensive network orchestration and control solutions for multi-vendor network infrastructure. The firm’s approach helps organizations bring agility to the network, improve network service chaining, and reduce both CAPEX and OPEX for network infrastructure deployment and operations.
Established in March 2015, Brain4Net stands out as SDN/NFV software vendor with broad technology partners ecosystem. Moving Telco industry and open source communities forward, Brain4Net is an active member of MEF, ONF, OPNFV, Intel Network Builders, Open Compute Project, Telecom Infra Project. Through co-leadership at MEF OpenCS NFV group, Brain4Net actively shares the expertise of OpenFlow-based CE 2.0 services with MEF community members. The company’s NFV expertise combined with extensive experience in complex services orchestration enhances the Third Network focused work groups.
NoviFlow Inc. provides high-performance OpenFlow-based SDN networking solutions to telecom carriers, data center operators, enterprises and cybersecurity solution providers seeking greater control and flexibility over their networks. NoviFlow has offices in Montreal, Sunnyvale and Seattle. For more information, please visit http://www.noviflow.com. Follow NoviFlow on Twitter @NoviFlowInc.