Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 07, 2016
SilhouetteFX, LLC is pleased to announce the availability of Silhouette V6. Silhouette V6 morphs the industry’s choice for demanding rotoscope, paint and 3D conversion tasks into a full-fledged GPU-accelerated node-based compositing system.
Marco Paolini, a SilhouetteFX, LLC partner, reflects upon V6’s evolution into a node-based compositor: “Silhouette V6 empowers compositors, rotoscoping and paint artists to crank out complex shots using tools that are similar, and often superior, to more costly solutions. Existing Silhouette owners, and there are many, can step up to a fully featured node-based compositor for the price of an upgrade.”
“For new Silhouette buyers,” Mr. Paolini continued, “the modest price difference between V5 and V6 is dominated by the huge step up in capability.”
Highlights of the new release include:
- More than 130 GPU-accelerated effects and image processing nodes in 14 groups presented in a beautifully rendered tree-based user experience. View any node while editing another allows for very complex composites that can be edited and rendered in a single pass.
- Roto tools sport greatly expanded depth controls and a real time 3D preview.
- New shape feathering system that is Nuke compatible, including the ability to feather open shaped “strokes.”
- Nuke 9+ exporter that offers many options and provides excellent fidelity.
- Silhouette’s breakthrough hybrid vector / raster paint system is greatly upgraded with increased speed, better clone brush filtering, and tighter tracker integration.
- Tracking now available as a distinct node allowing use anywhere in the node tree.
- Region-of-interest (ROI) saves memory and speeds up processing of today’s largest image formats.
- Resolution independent workflow that never clips overscan areas of sources larger than the Session allowing access with a Transform node or by expanding the ROI.
- Makes the full compositing environment available via already-famous Python API.
- OFX plug-ins such as GenArts Sapphire are supported.
- Improves support for MacBook Pro Retina display for artists on-the-go.
Silhouette’s first-tier presence in VFX workflow is long-standing. Speaking to this:
"Framestore relies on Silhouette’s best in class tools for every film we work on. It has become indispensable in producing our award winning visual effects."
— Shayne Farrier, Framestore, Head of Prep Department
“Silhouette has been one of the central tools in our pipeline for nearly a decade. BOT has done rotoscopy work on well over 10,000 shots over that timeframe, and the software has withstood the test of time and scale.”
— Hitesh Shah, BOT VFX, Founder
With Silhouette V6 stepping far beyond rotoscoping as a fully featured compositing system, a new Mastering Silhouette V6 training course is now available for $95 USD. Produced by Ben Brownlee of Curious Turtle, this eight hour training course aims to get you working fast with the new node-based system, in a way that builds your skills and confidence with the expanded toolset. Tasks are practical jobs and course footage is provided for you to follow along at your own pace.
Silhouette V6 is offered at a price of $1795 USD. An Imagineer mocha planar tracking option is available for $199 USD for new customers and $99 USD for existing v5 customers. Upgrades from V5 to V6 are $595 USD while upgrades from V1-4 to V6 are $895 USD. Customers upgrading before 31-December of this year will receive a $100 USD discount.
About SilhouetteFX, LLC: Located on the web at http://www.silhouettefx.com, SilhouetteFX has provided leading visual effects industry tools since 2004. SilhouetteFX has long been a leading innovator offering early support of a full stereoscopic workflow, the first Inverse-Kinematic driven rotoscoping system, a breakthrough hybrid vector / raster paint system and a new vision for shape-driven warping and morphing from the people who invented it.
Silhouette and SilhouetteFX are trademarks of SilhouetteFX, LLC. GenArts is a registered trademark and Sapphire is a trademark of GenArts, Inc. Nuke is a trademark of The Foundry Visionmongers, Ltd. MacBook Pro and Retina are registered trademark of Apple, Inc. mocha is a trademark of Imagineer Systems, Ltd. All other marks are the property of their respective holders.