Exploring the actions of successful organizations and the lessons learned from those striving for excellence, this paper represents foundational building blocks to organization effectiveness and a means to achieving sustained outcomes.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) December 06, 2016
A new white paper by The Beryl Institute shares eight guiding principles, reflects on why they are critical components of successful patient experience efforts and offers examples of each principle in action. Exploring the actions of successful organizations and the lessons learned from those striving for excellence, “Guiding Principles for Patient Experience Excellence” represents foundational building blocks to organization effectiveness and a means to achieving sustained outcomes.
These principles offer strategic actions and tangible points of focus organizations can apply to drive efforts forward:
- Identify and support accountable leadership with committed time and focused intent to shape and guide experience strategy
- Establish and reinforce a strong, vibrant and positive organizational culture and all it comprises
- Develop a formal definition for what experience is to their organization
- Implement a defined process for continuous patient and family input and engagement
- Engage all voices in driving comprehensive, systemic and lasting solutions
- Look beyond clinical experience of care to all interactions and touch points
- Focus on alignment across all segments of the continuum and the spaces in between
- Encompass both a focus on healing and a commitment to well-being
“In our efforts to support patient experience improvement, we have determined there is not just one model for addressing experience excellence as each healthcare organization is unique ,” said Stacy Palmer, Senior Vice President of The Beryl Institute. “While replicating specific practices may not lead to success in all environments, we do believe organizations that embrace the broader strategic intent of these eight principles will be best positioned for success in their experience efforts.”
To download the white paper, visit http://www.theberylinstitute.org/?page=PUBLICATIONS.
About the Beryl Institute:
The Beryl Institute is the global community of practice dedicated to improving the patient experience through collaboration and shared knowledge. We define patient experience as the sum of all interactions, shaped by an organization’s culture, that influence patient perceptions across the continuum of care.