“We were surprised to learn how uncertain B2B marketers were about the effectiveness of their campaigns and wanted to understand what was causing this confidence gap,” said Aaron Dun, senior vice president of marketing, SnapApp.
Boston, Mass. (PRWEB) December 07, 2016
SnapApp, provider of the leading SaaS platform used by B2B marketers to create, publish, manage and measure interactive content, today unveiled the results of “The Campaign Confidence Gap” report, which identifies gaps and challenges with traditional B2B marketing campaigns. Conducted by Demand Gen Report and sponsored by SnapApp, the new survey reveals that as pressure mounts for B2B marketers to deliver high-quality and highly targeted leads, an astounding 82 percent reported being only “somewhat confident” or “not very confident” in the effectiveness of their campaigns. The report also highlights how savvy B2B marketers are finding better results and conversions by delivering dynamic and interactive experiences through content-enabled campaigns.
A number of challenges contributed to the low level of confidence B2B marketers reported in developing effective campaigns, including an over-reliance on static, lead-gated PDFs to generate leads. According to the survey:
- Nearly half (41 percent) of B2B marketers listed identifying new lead sources as their top demand gen campaign challenge.
- B2B buyers now not only expect content that is relevant and compelling to their specific needs, but they are also increasingly less tolerant of campaigns that fail to speak to their unique areas of interest.
- As a result, one-third (33 percent) of respondents said they are struggling to develop compelling calls-to-action that capture prospects’ attention.
“We were surprised to learn how uncertain B2B marketers were about the effectiveness of their campaigns and wanted to understand what was causing this confidence gap,” said Aaron Dun, senior vice president of marketing, SnapApp. “We found that traditional B2B marketing strategies have become stale for buyers, reflecting a seller-centric approach to marketing. While delivering dynamic buyer-centric content that creates a two-way dialogue with prospects may have been viewed as an added bonus in 2016, it’s now evident that organizations that fail to incorporate this strategy into their 2017 marketing campaigns will struggle to achieve their demand gen goals.”
As traditional brand-focused campaigns and messaging are becoming increasingly less effective, B2B marketers are seeing how content-enabled campaigns that address customer interest points and facilitate engagement can lead to an increase in conversion rates. The survey revealed that:
- Among B2B marketers who are using content-enabled campaigns, more than half (54 percent) saw open rate improvements of at least 20 percent, while 66 percent also saw at least a 5 percent increase in click-through rates.
- The top of the funnel saw the biggest benefits, as 66 percent of B2B marketers noted that their content-enabled campaigns produce a greater response to these lead generation offers.
- The use of interactive content is expected to increase dramatically in the next 12 to 24 months, with 87 percent of B2B marketers predicting at least 10 percent of their content will be interactive.
- The top five content formats B2B marketers are using or plan to use for content-enabled campaigns include; video (95 percent), surveys (92 percent), interactive infographics (85 percent), ROI calculators (84 percent) and assessments (82 percent).
While interactive content is not expected to replace traditional marketing campaigns in 2017, the survey revealed that B2B marketers will increasingly utilize these formats because of its ability to produce strong response rates and enable prospects to self-qualify. Additionally, interactive content will also enable marketers to collect data and insights that sales teams can use to accelerate the best prospects through the sales process.
To download the full report, visit http://www.snapapp.com/b2b-confidence.
The survey was conducted online by Demand Gen Report during Q2 and Q3 of 2016. The respondents included more than 100 B2B marketers.
SnapApp is redefining how marketers accelerate their content strategy, enabling them to create and deliver personalized content that engages and resonates with customers on a deeper level than ever before. SnapApp's interactive content creation platform enables marketers to boost results by 2-3x across all their existing marketing programs. With SnapApp marketers can create, deploy, manage and measure a wide range of interactive content across multiple channels, with full customization and design control to ensure content will perform well on any device. Backed by Providence Equity Partners, SnapApp customers include Oracle, Cisco, CEB, Blackbaud, Equifax, and Intronis. Visit SnapApp on the web at http://www.snapapp.com or follow on Twitter @snap_app.