FREMONT, Calif. (PRWEB) December 12, 2016
Formation Data Systems (Formation), a company revolutionizing enterprise storage, today announced that the FormationOne™ Dynamic Storage Platform (FormationOne) has been certified through the Interoperability Validation Testing (IVT) for Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS). As a member of the Cisco® Solution Partner Program, Formation is able to quickly create and deploy solutions that enhance datacenter capabilities, performance and management, increasing the value of Cisco certified solutions.
Working together with Cisco UCS, the FormationOne dynamic storage platform delivers the scale, simplicity and agility of the public cloud with the control, performance and security of an enterprise datacenter. FormationOne simultaneously supports traditional and next-generation workloads with a robust set of storage services that improve application performance while offering true business agility at scale with real-time data protection and disaster recovery management. Certification across the family of Cisco UCS servers, including the new C3260 dense storage rack servers provides customers with a certified software-defined storage solution that delivers many advantages over legacy storage array technology including cost, scale and multi-protocol flexibility.
“Cisco UCS has become a leading force in enterprise computing infrastructure, and Formation Data Systems is excited to deliver enterprise storage services to our mutual customers,” said Mark Lewis, CEO of Formation Data Systems. “Customers want to know that Cisco and Formation have jointly certified UCS and FormationOne to address their storage needs and derive more value across their complete infrastructure and this IVT certification provides that confidence.”
The Formation Advantage
Available immediately, FormationOne and Cisco UCS provides customers with:
- Single-Origin Data™ Integrated data reduction de-duplicates the data to minimize the storage requirements. Provides unlimited snapshots and clones for data protection and repurposing.
- TimeLine™ Continuous journal tracks data activity to the finest detail to minimize data loss. Provides space-efficient snapshots. Data governance and retention policies.
- FireBreak™ Monitors data activity and automatically detects anomalies. Integrates with performance monitoring and security products via an open API.
- PriorityOne™ Provides dynamic QoS control for every volume with patent-pending QoS algorithms.
- Unified Data Connectors: iSCSI block store, NFS file store, and S3 compatible object store.
- FormationOne SafeGuardTM:Asynchronous remote replication and copy data management. Cloud disaster recovery (DR), backup, and archive. SafeGuard replicates to AWS or private clouds.
- Dynamic Data Tiering™: Dynamically allocates high-priority work loads to SSD for all-flash performance. Maps tier 2 and replica copies to HDD for cost optimization.
--- Ends ---
For more information, please contact John Vu at Hotwire PR – FDS(at)hotwirepr(dot)com | 415-820-4484
About Formation Data Systems
Formation Data Systems' mission is to help IT organizations realize the transformative benefits of modern storage technology. Formation has delivered the revolutionary FormationOne™ Dynamic Storage Platform that combines the agility, flexibility and simplicity of public cloud web-scale approaches with the control, security and customization capabilities of private datacenter storage. FormationOne has been built for Enterprise IT, SaaS application providers, and service providers, seeking ways to transform the agility and economics of their storage and data management environment. The platform is generally available. Go to formationds.com for more information.