We like to think of the NexD1 as a “start-up starter.” You can create and iterate almost anything. We hope that our tech will become a launching point for new businesses to explore the potential of 3D manufacturing.
Berlin, Germany (PRWEB) December 13, 2016
Today Next Dynamics launched a Kickstarter campaign for a multi-material and electronics 3D printer called The NexD1. The device is capable of printing fully functional circuits, opening the door for high end electronics prototyping. The NexD1 is fast, precise, and fits on any desktop. It is available starting at $2,499.
The NexD1 uses a technology called DigiJet, which is similar to industrial PolyJet technology. DigiJet prints a wide range of materials at a precision of 10 microns, including special resins with nanoparticles and pigments. It prints fully functional low resistance circuits, by galvanizing a nanoparticle infused resin. The nozzle and pre-heating system ensure a super precise flow and accurate deposition of the material that gets cured by a high powered, wide UV laser after each layer. This results in highly conductive layers with a constant and low internal resistance.
“Unlike other 3D printer manufacturers that buy their printhead technology from big companies like Ricoh and Xerox, we have developed our own proprietary printhead,” said Co-Founder Ludwig Faerber. “This allows us to drastically reduce production costs, increase the capabilities of our printer and offer unrivaled value to backers.”
The NexD1 can print six materials at once and combine them for limitless characteristics. The cartridges can be hot swapped and materials can be changed on the go. This includes a large array of photopolymers and third party materials with characteristics ranging from conductivity, transparency, flexibility, high strength, high temperature resistance, color and support materials.
- Electronics - Print 3D, low resistance circuits
- Wi-Fi - Connect with any smartphone, print from anywhere
- Touch Screen - Easy and intuitive access
- Ultra-High Resolution - 10 micron precision in xyz
- Multi-Material - Print and combine 6 materials at once
- Build Volume - 20x20x20 cm build volume
- On board slicer - Slice and print with the touch of your finger
- Size - A compact 42x42x42 cm will fit your desktop
- Smart Refill - Smart and easy swapping of cartridges
- Support Material - Eco friendly, non-toxic water soluble support material
- Silent - Silent operation for a noise-free environment
- Eco - Cheap, non-toxic additive manufacturing
“We like to think of the NexD1 as a “start-up starter.” You can create and iterate almost anything. We hope that our tech will become a launching point for new businesses to explore the potential of 3D manufacturing,” said Faerber.
Next Dynamics’ Kickstarter campaign runs from December 13, 2016 - January 12, 2017. For a full rundown of the pledge levels visit their Kickstarter page. Media wishing to interview their personnel should contact PR agent, Jackson Wightman at +1 (514) 605-9255.