“NCU’s Technology and Innovation Management programs were conceived to create positive change agents and thought leaders who will make a difference by managing technology via innovative thinking,” explained Dr. David Moore, NCU’s Director of Assessment.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) December 15, 2016
Northcentral University (NCU), a global online graduate school, launched new programs today to meet student interest in emerging areas of focus. Each new program centers on preparing students for an increasingly global workforce and challenges of a rapidly changing world in the 21st century.
NCU’s School of Business and Technology Management is offering four new programs*: PhD and Master of Science in Technology and Innovation Management; an accelerated NCU FastForward Bachelor of Business Administration to Master of Science in Technology and Innovation Management; and a Master of Science in Accounting. NCU’s School of Social and Behavioral Sciences – Department of Psychology is introducing a new Master of Science in Forensic Psychology.
“NCU’s Technology and Innovation Management programs were conceived to create positive change agents and thought leaders who will make a difference by managing technology via innovative thinking,” explained Dr. David Moore, NCU’s Director of Assessment, School of Business and Technology Management . “The new PhD and master’s programs in Technology and Innovation Management are not business degrees, but innovation through technology degrees." Additionally, NCU’s new Master of Science in Accounting was designed to help create a path to a CPA certification.**
The four new School of Business and Technology Management degree programs announced today include:
- Doctor of Philosophy in Technology and Innovation Management: This program was designed to equip students to contribute to the body of theory and practice in the vibrant field of technology innovation. They will gain the necessary skills and insights on current theories in the field that can be applied now. As an empowered thought leader, the student will begin to make a world of difference even before their degree is conferred as a technology innovator.
- Master of Science in Technology and Innovation Management: This master’s program was developed to impart the skills and insights necessary to help students think critically and to assess how emerging technologies can be used to improve an organization.
- NCU FastForward Bachelor of Business Administration to Master of Science in Technology and Innovation Management: This program was developed for students in the BBA completion program who also want to earn an MSTIM in less time and cost-effectively. In the BBA to MSTIM curriculum, students will take four of the 10 TIM courses at the BBA per credit/per course rate, and will then be transitioned to the MSTIM program to complete the remaining six courses at the TIM cost per credit/course rate.
- Master of Science in Accounting: Designed specifically for individuals interested in advancing their career in accounting, finance or business management, or those who are interested in pursuing these fields, the program will help students develop the skills and knowledge they need to become a financial leader. The program is focused on helping prepare students for the CPA exam** in order to maintain relevancy with the accounting profession and required certification standards.
School of Social and Behavioral Sciences – Department of Psychology:
NCU’s new master’s program in Forensic Psychology provides critical insight into what motivates human behavior, as it applies to the judicial system. “NCU’s MS in Forensic Psychology degree has been designed to equip students for the important work of understanding the criminal mind and the root causes of criminal and antisocial behavior,” explained Dr. James Billings, Dean of NCU’s School of Social and Behavioral Sciences. “Students will be prepared for a variety of career paths that rely on the expertise of forensic psychologists.”
- Master of Science in Forensic Psychology : In the growing field of forensic psychology, expertise in understanding criminal behavior is critical. This degree program focuses on psychological principles applicable to forensic settings, and prepares graduates to contribute to the fields of law enforcement, corrections, courts and victim services.
NCU offers weekly course starts, and students may begin applying to these exciting new educational offerings effective today. For further information, visit http://www.ncu.edu, or call 866.776.0331.
About Northcentral University
Founded in 1996, Northcentral University is a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university serving professionals globally. NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business and technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy. Without physical residency requirements, courses are taught one-to-one by an NCU professor, all of whom have doctoral degrees. Northcentral University is regionally accredited by WASC Senior College and University Commission (WASC), wascsenior.org. For more information, visit ncu.edu/ or call 866.776.0331.
*For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed programs, and other important information, please visit our website at http://www.ncu.edu/program-disclosures.
** Standards and requirements vary by state, and completion of NCU’s MSA program may not be sufficient to qualify a person to sit for a CPA exam in some states. Prior to applying to or enrolling in NCU’s MSA program, students should check with their state to determine the educational and other requirements necessary for taking the CPA exam to ensure that completion of the program will satisfy their educational and professional goals. For information regarding official CPA requirements specific to each state, please visit https://www.thiswaytocpa.com/exam-licensure/state-requirements/.