Eustis, FL (PRWEB) December 18, 2016
The American Beach Tour (ABT) is a new national-level beach volleyball tour that is set to kick-off in December of 2016 in Florida. The ABT is sanctioned by USA Volleyball (USAV) and produced by the Regional Volleyball Associations (RVA's) in the USA.
The main goal of the ABT is to offer regional and zonal beach events for junior and adult USAV members, culminating with a tour championship event each year. This will be the only USAV sanctioned beach tour to offer both a juniors and adults championship event. Each USAV Region will be responsible to schedule and sanction their respective events in order to create a comprehensive tour schedule for participating athletes.
Some of the highlights of the ABT include, but are not limited to:
- COST EFFECTIVE: Both the participating USAV regions and members will incur no extra costs or fees to be a part of the ABT.
- PROVIDES SAFEGUARDS: Extensive background screens, SafeSport certification, coaches’ education and current USAV insurance for sanctioned events ensure that all members and affiliates are protected.
- MORE PLAYING OPPORTUNITIES: Includes a wider variety of athletes to help each region’s membership base grow. This includes more junior age divisions, more boys programming and more adult divisions.
- SYNERGY BETWEEN USAV REGIONS: The tour allows promoters to customize events to fit the needs of their members, while collaborating with other successful regions. All of the regions get a voice in how the ABT is operated and managed.
- ONLINE EVENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: The ABT allows promoters and members to take full advantage of the convenience of a comprehensive event management system. Features include online registration, online pool/bracket options and work is being done to develop an automatic sync with a tour ranking system.
Steve Bishop, Executive Director and President of the Florida Region of USA Volleyball, is one of the early-adopters of the ABT concept. “The concept of the American Beach Tour is a joint grassroots effort of the Regional Volleyball Associations of USAV and demonstrates what can happen when the regions work together to solve problems and create opportunities for our members,” said Bishop. “The ABT will provide a USAV sanctioned championship path for both juniors and adults beginning in 2017 as ABT Qualifiers are produced across the US. The future of beach volleyball is bright and having more USAV sanctioned beach opportunities only makes sense in the marketplace for our USAV members across the United States. The Florida Region is honored to be selected by the participating regions to host both inaugural ABT Championship events in 2017. Central Florida is a great vacation destination and we look forward to welcoming all of the teams next summer.”
The first junior event of the ABT will take place on December 29th – 31st, 2016 at Hickory Point Beach in Tavares, FL. At the time of this release, 18 USAV Regions have joined the ABT with an estimated number of events at 40 in 2017. You can find the ABT schedule at http://www.americanbeachtour.com.
AmericanBeachTour.com is a USA Volleyball (USAV) sanctioned tour produced by the Regional Volleyball Associations (RVA's) in the USA. Their goal is to offer regional and zonal beach events for junior and adult USAV members, culminating with a tour championship event each year. Additional information on the tour can be found at http://www.AmericanBeachTour.com.
About USA Volleyball
USA Volleyball, founded in 1928, is the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of volleyball in the United States and is recognized by the Federation Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB) and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC). Additional information on USA Volleyball can be found at http://www.usavolleyball.org.
For additional information, contact:
The American Beach Tour Workgroup, a committee of the ABT Council
Michelle Goodall, Iowa Region: michelle(at)iavbreg(dot)org
Melissa Walker, Northern California: melissa(at)ncva(dot)com
Chris Hamilton, Florida Region: chris(at)floridavolleyball(dot)org
Mati Bishop, Puget Sound Region: mati(at)psrvb(dot)org
Bertil Wamelink, Heart of America Region: bertil(at)hoavb(dot)org