Auburndale, FL (PRWEB) December 19, 2016
Benzer Pharmacy today announced that it has been selected as a specialty provider for Aralast™.
Aralast™, an alpha-1 antitrypsin therapeutic also known as Alpha 1 proteinase inhibitor (A1PI), is used for the treatment of hereditary emphysema. It is made from human blood products to replace the deficient enzyme to reduce emphysema symptoms.
“Aralast™ is a limited distribution drug only available to a small network of specialty pharmacies and Benzer Pharmacy is now able to fill this medication,” said Lindsay Wall, Benzer Pharmacy Chief Clinical Officer.
Benzer Pharmacy provides specialized pharmacy and related services pursuant to agreements with biotechnology drug manufacturers relating to the treatment of patients with certain costly, chronic diseases.
“We provide timely, accurate and confidential dispensing of medications through our specialty pharmacy that is accredited by Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC),” Lindsay added.
Benzer Pharmacy will deliver Aralast™ through our specialty pharmacy located at: 301 Havendale Blvd. Auburndale, FL 33823.
For more information, including initiating a prescription for use of Aralast™ or for assistance in locating a pharmacy to dispense Aralast™ call: 877-4-BENZER.
More information about Aralast™ can be found at http://ow.ly/UNaC3077DqW
Chief Clinical Officer:
Lindsay Wall, 813-304-2221 Ext 110
Media and Public Relations:
Emah Madegwa, 813-304-2221 Ext 104
ABOUT BENZER PHARMACY
Benzer Pharmacy is a chain of independent retail pharmacies that specializes in specialty drugs and also focusses on medication management programs for people with complex chronic diseases, including Hepatitis, HIV, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), Dermatological conditions and Gastrointestinal Disorders (GI). The first Benzer Pharmacy opened in the year 2009 and there are now over 60 locations throughout Tennessee, Florida, Michigan, Virginia, North Carolina, Texas, Georgia, Nevada, Oklahoma, Iowa, Louisiana and Arkansas.
- 2016: Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) accreditation for Specialty Pharmacy
- 2015: PCAB compounding accreditation with Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC)
- Florida Fast 50 (2016) - Tampa Bay’s Fastest Growing Companies.
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year, (2016) - Benzer Pharmacy CEO was a Florida Finalist.
- CFO of the Year Awards (2016): Finalist Large company category.
- Chain Drug Review (2016: Rank 54 out of 100 in the Top 100 Chains by Pharmacy Count
- Inc. 5000 (2015): Rank 1500 - Fastest growing private company in America.
- Florida Fast 100 (2015): Rank 39 out of 100 – Fastest growing private companies in Florida
- TBBJ 200 (2015): Rank 67 out of 200 - Tampa Bay’s largest private companies
All Benzer Pharmacy medications require a doctor's prescription. For more information: http://www.benzerpharmacy.com