There are a few perks to living in a dorm, but after freshman year, students do not regret the decision to venture out more into the real world.
Shippensburg, PA (PRWEB) December 22, 2016
There are so many benefits to living off campus during a students college career- leaving them with more than just a degree after they graduate. Don’t ignore the fact that where a student lives is one of the most important decisions made during the college years.
There are a few perks to living in a dorm, but after freshman year, students do not regret the decision to venture out more into the real world. Here’s why:
1. A better bathroom experience. A majority of college students understand what it’s like to share a bathroom and shower with 50+ people. This requires lugging your shampoos, conditioners, body wash, toothbrush, etc. to a tiny bathroom where oftentimes students may have to wait in a line. It’s inconvenient, time-consuming and sometimes very unsanitary. However, it’s all a part of living on-campus.
2. Everything a student may need is available. An unfortunate part of living in a dorm is lacking proper storage and kitchen appliances, the washer and dryer is never close enough and there are constant internet issues. With Madison, Creekside & Brookside Apartments, residents enjoy a simple living environment. All apartments include a large refrigerator, freezer, microwave, oven/stove combination, a washer, dryer, all the cabinet storage necessary for a college student and high-speed internet.
3. Independence & Privacy. One of the best ways to gain responsibility from the transition years to adulthood is to follow your own rules. Living off campus means that there aren’t nosey Resident Assistant's or quiet hours. With Madison, Creekside & Brookside Apartments, residents have their own private space. Is alone time an absolute must? The only way to achieve that is moving off campus.
4. Save money. Madison, Creekside & Brookside Apartments is the place to go to get the most out of a residents rent near the Shippensburg University. Dorms and other student housing options are notoriously expensive at many colleges, which is why so many students opt to live off-campus starting their sophomore year.
5. Healthier lifestyle. Living off campus will help students lose those notorious “freshman fifteen”. Learn to harness responsibility by getting food and preparing home cooked meals in a real kitchen!
Do’s, don’ts, tips & tricks:
Once a student has decided they’re ready to gain the benefits of off campus living, they must make sure to pick the right place. Choose a place like Madison, Creekside & Brookside Apartments that is close enough to campus, enabling residents to walk or bike to Shippensburg University is important. Madison, Creekside & Brookside Apartments allow pets, so if a student plans on bringing their furry friend to college, a pet friendly environment is crucial. Don’t wait last minute to look for a place to live, at Madison, Creekside & Brookside Apartments, there are often financial benefits of signing early for those Shippensburg University students looking to receive these types of benefits from off campus living.