Anaheim, CA (PRWEB) May 19, 2016
VidCon (vidcon.com), the world’s largest online video conference for fans, creatives and industry professionals, is pleased to present, for the first time, a beauty and lifestyle content salon as part of the event’s Community Track. Responding to attendee feedback, VidCon has added content that will focus on topics ranging from global fashion and beauty trends to entrepreneurship. The new beauty and lifestyle content salon will also highlight how these creators inspire their communities with messages of self-esteem and confidence. To showcase this sophisticated sector of online video, the VidCon campus is expanding from the Anaheim Convention Center to now include space at the Anaheim Marriott.
Highlights of beauty and lifestyle content include:
- Man Crush - Not Just Monday: Male beauty gurus talk about how they have broken down gender barriers and started a global trend, featuring Patrick Starr, Bretman Rock, and MannyMua.
- The Color of Beauty: Creators of different ethnicities, backgrounds, sizes, sexual orientation, and more discuss how they create content unique to their communities, featuring MissRemiAshten, Dulce Candy, and Teala Dunn.
- Underneath it All: Creators delve into what “beauty” means and how social media can inspire confidence and self-esteem, featuring Mindy McKnight (Cute Girls Hairstyles), and HayleyWi11iams.
- Take the High Road: Creators share their positive and negative experiences online, featuring Nikki Phillippi, Jack Baran, Adelaine Morin, and Kandee Johnson.
- Beauty Crossing Boundaries: International creators discuss how their different cultures and lifestyles inspire their content, featuring Bubzbeauty, Mariale Marrero, Estée Lalonde, and Fleur De Force.
- Squad: Beauty authorities discuss how they found their voices on and off line and how they maintain those legions of fans, featuring MyLifeAsEva, Alisha Marie, Meredith Foster, Teala Dunn, Mia Stammer, and Sierra Furtado.
Moderators of the beauty and lifestyle programming will include executives from Kin Community, PopSugar, People Magazine, Refinery29, MTV and Beautycon Media. Some of the creators featured in content have participated in general VidCon programming in previous years, but now have the unique opportunity to discuss specific issues more precisely relevant to the beauty and lifestyle vertical. Other panelists, like Bretman Rock, Patrick Starr, MyLifeAsEva and Adelaine Morin, will be making their VidCon debut.
"Being able to participate in panels that exemplify the importance of using one's own voice as a beauty and lifestyle creator to inspire others to have confidence is one of the most rewarding gifts of having this role," said leading YouTube creator Dulce Candy. "I'm excited that VidCon is recognizing beauty and fashion experts' influence in the space by creating dedicated events for our community to learn from and share with each other. This year's VidCon is going to be a lot of fun."
Bretman Rock, who infuses comedy into his beauty content for his more than four million Instagram followers, added, "My elementary school teacher used to say to me, ‘It takes one bad apple to ruin the batch.' As I got older and began social media, I realized that saying doesn't have to be negative. Being different is OK; you don't have to fit the mold. Stand out, be the 'bad apple' and ruin the batch to show that being out of place maybe the place you fit best at."
VidCon’s nearly 20 beauty and lifestyle panels are being programmed and produced by digital industry expert, Chrystina W. Train, who has worked with companies that sit at the intersection of beauty, content and talent, such as StyleHaul, Gleam Futures, Beautycon Media, and Real Techniques.
Beauty and lifestyle content in the Marriott will be open 8am-6pm, Thursday, June 23, through Saturday, June 25. The full agenda, including a complete list of Community Track beauty and lifestyle content, can be viewed at vidcon.com/agenda. Passes can be purchased at vidcon.com/registration.
VidCon is the world’s largest conference for and about online video. Held each summer in Anaheim, California, VidCon assembles fans, veteran and amateur creators, working professionals, and industry thought-leaders for three days of celebration, introspection, and discussion. Hank and John Green founded VidCon in 2010, and total attendance in 2015 was 21,000. For the fourth year in a row, YouTube has signed on as the title sponsor.
VidCon programming follows a three-track format, designed to appeal to everyone from the biggest media companies to the most passionate fans. The Industry Track features keynotes, fireside chats, seminars and product demonstrations geared toward attendees working in the online video industry. The Creator Track, now in its second year, serves attendees looking to make better content, grow their online presence, enter the industry, meet fellow creators, and learn the ins-and-outs of online video culture. The Community Track engages attendees interested in experiencing the online video culture through Q&As, discussions, concerts, interviews, movie nights, meet-ups, and games.
VidCon experiences record ticket sales each year and routinely sells out. Anyone planning to attend is encouraged to register as soon as possible. The full agenda can be viewed at vidcon.com/agenda and tickets can be purchased now at vidcon.com/registration.
PR - VidCon