Anaheim, CA (PRWEB) June 08, 2016
VidCon (vidcon.com), the world’s largest online video conference for fans, creatives and industry professionals, is pleased to present, for the first time, a three-day livestream event available to anyone in the world. Recognizing that not all online video enthusiasts have the means or time to travel to Anaheim, California, for the annual conference, now anyone can watch portions of the event live.
The livestream will feature key moments from most of VidCon’s nine stages, some exclusive backstage moments and interviews with special featured creators, and will be hosted by respected online creators Kingsley, Lee Newton, and Elliott Morgan. The stream will be live from 9am-6pm PST, June 23-25 at youtube.com/vidcon and live.vidcon.com. Following the conference, the stream will also be available on-demand at youtube.com/vidcon.
Highlights of the livestream will include:
- YouTube Keynote with Susan Wojcicki, CEO - YouTube: Join YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki as she charts a course for YouTube's future. Joined by special guests, she'll offer a peek under the hood at YouTube's latest innovations while offering a preview of the company's latest slate of Original Programming.
- #GirlLove on YouTube: Moderated by Sarah Weichel. Featuring Rosanna Pansino, Cassey Ho (Blogilates), Lilly Singh, and Lindsey Stirling. Join top female creators as they talk about supporting each other both online and offline.
- Vidcon Variety Show: Hosted by Kingsley & Miles Jai. Featuring: John and Hank Green, Thirst Project, Anna Akana, 10 Second Songs, GloZell, Jack Douglass, Louis Cole, Issa, and Gigi Gorgeous. Online video favorites speak and perform each afternoon on the Kia Arena Stage.
- Q&As with Connor Franta, SMOSH, SourceFed and more
- Creator Track Keynote: Featuring Tessa Violet, Jack Conte, Matthew Patrick, Sarah Close, Hannah Hart, AsapScience, Devin Graham, Natalie Tran, Olan Rogers, Akilah Hughes, Hank Green, Shimrit Ben-Yair (Director of Product Management at YouTube). Some of the biggest voices in the creator community will address aspiring creators with tips, lessons, and words of wisdom.
- And more
Viewers of the livestream will get a behind-the-scenes look into the event, as well as hear about the show experience first-hand from attendees. Viewers may participate in the conversation using #vidconlive.
Kurt Wilms, Product Lead for YouTube Live, said "We are excited to bring VidCon to all the fans and creators in the world who can’t attend the event. We’ve supported live streaming since 2011 and can’t wait to power the technology behind this important event to our community.”
YouTube icon, comedian, blogger & internet personality, Kingsley, best known for his rants and pop culture commentary, stated “I’m so honored to be hosting VidCon’s first ever livestream so we can bring all of the excitement back to the platform that helped us get here and share it with the community that helped us grow!” Kingsley is currently touting over 3 million subscribers and 350+ million views.
VidCon experiences record ticket sales each year and routinely sells out. Anyone planning to attend is encouraged to register as soon as possible. The full agenda is viewable at vidcon.com/agenda and tickets can be purchased now at vidcon.com/registration.
VidCon is the world’s largest conference for and about online video. Held each summer in Anaheim, California, VidCon assembles fans, veteran and amateur creators, working professionals, and industry thought-leaders for three days of celebration, introspection, and discussion. Hank and John Green founded VidCon in 2010, and total attendance in 2015 was 21,000. For the fourth year in a row, YouTube has signed on as the title sponsor.
VidCon programming follows a three-track format, designed to appeal to everyone from the biggest media companies to the most passionate fans. The Industry Track features keynotes, fireside chats, seminars and product demonstrations geared toward attendees working in the online video industry. The Creator Track, now in its second year, serves attendees looking to make better content, grow their online presence, enter the industry, meet fellow creators, and learn the ins-and-outs of online video culture. The Community Track engages attendees interested in experiencing the online video culture through Q&As, discussions, concerts, interviews, movie nights, meet-ups, and games.
Launched in May 2005, YouTube allows billions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos. YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform, and inspire others across the globe and acts as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small. YouTube is a Google company.
PR - VidCon