We were indeed overwhelmed by the amazing response to our first edition of the AI Fellowship and the sheer quality of applicants we received. We also take immense pride in the fact that more than 40% of our chosen cohort will be women.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) November 01, 2016
Today, UnifyID, a service that can authenticate you based on unique factors like the way you walk, type, and sit, announced the final 16 fellows selected for its inaugural Artificial Intelligence Fellowship for the Fall of 2016. Each of the fellows have shown exemplary leadership and curiosity in making a meaningful difference in our society and clearly has an aptitude for making sweeping changes in this rapidly growing area of AI.
Of the company’s recent launch and success at TechCrunch Disrupt, claiming SF Battlefield Runner-Up (2nd in 1,000 applicants worldwide), UnifyID CEO John Whaley said, “We were indeed overwhelmed by the amazing response to our first edition of the AI Fellowship and the sheer quality of applicants we received. We also take immense pride in the fact that more than 40% of our chosen cohort will be women, which further reinforces our commitment as one of the original 33 signees of the U.S. White House Tech Inclusion Pledge.”
The final 16 fellows hail from Israel, Paris, Kyoto, Bangalore, and cities across the U.S. with Ph.D., M.S., M.B.A., and B.S. degrees from MIT, Stanford, Berkeley, Harvard, Columbia, NYU-CIMS, UCLA, Wharton, among other top institutions.
- Aidan Clark: triple major in Math, Classical Languages and CS at UC Berkeley
- Anna Venancio-Marques: Data Scientist in Residence, PhD École normale supérieure
- Arik Sosman: Software Engineer at BitGo, 2x Apple WWDC scholar, CeBIT speaker
- Baiyu Chen: Convolutional Neural Network Researcher, Masters in CS at UC Berkeley
- Fuxiao Xin: Lead Machine Learning Scientist at GE Global Research, PhD Bioinformatics
- Kathy Sohrabi: VP Engineering, IoT and sensors, MBA at Wharton, PhD EE at UCLA
- Kazu Komoto: Chief Robotics Engineer, CNET Writer, Masters in ME at Kyoto University
- Laura Florescu: Co-authored Asymptopia, Mathematical Reviewer, PhD CS at NYU
- Lorraine Lin: Managing Director, MFE Berkeley, PhD Oxford, Masters Design Harvard
- Morgan Lai: AI Scientist, MIT Media Lab, Co-founder/CTO, M.Eng. CS at MIT
- Pushpa Raghani: Post Doc Researcher at Stanford and IBM, PhD Physics at JNCASR
- Raul Puri: Machine Learning at Berkeley, BS EE/CS/Bioeng at Berkeley
- Sara Hooker: Data Scientist, Founder nonprofit, educational access in rural Africa
- Siraj Raval: Data Scientist, the Bill Nye of Computer Science on YouTube
- Wentao Wang: Senior New Tech Integration Engineer at Tesla, PhD ME at MIT
- Will Grathwohl: Computer Vision Specialist, Founder/Chief Scientist, BS CSAIL at MIT
About UnifyID: UnifyID is building a revolutionary identity platform based on implicit authentication to make your security seamless. Launching out of stealth at TechCrunch Disrupt in September of 2016, UnifyID was voted Battlefield Runner Up by judges from Roelof Botha of Sequoia, Cyan Banister of Founders Fund, Susan Wojcicki of YouTube, Padmasree Warrior of NextEV, and Matthew Panzarino of TechCrunch. UnifyID is in private beta and early access with “AI Fellowship” as the secret handshake can be applied at https://unify.id.