Participating homes in the 6th annual Denver Modern Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, May 21st, in and around the Denver, Colorado area. All are invited to attend.
Denver, CO (PRWEB) April 29, 2016
Modern Home Tours is returning to Colorado in in May to give residents the opportunity to explore some of Denver’s most impressive, private, modern residences. During the 6th annual Denver Modern Home Tour on Saturday, May 21st, attendees will learn from homeowners on what it’s like to live in a modern home, and chat with the architects to find out where they got their inspiration. The tour is self-guided and self-driven, allowing guests to explore these modern treasures at their own pace.
The roster of homes for the 2016 Denver Modern Home Tour is still growing. Participants confirmed to date include:
- A brand new modern home in Highland designed by RealArchitecture and built by UnRealConstruction that takes advantage of a narrow vacant lot. Every detail was considered for this residence to blend contemporary style with present-day comfort: handmade copper-art siding, a glass-enclosed wine cellar, a golf simulator room, custom stainless spa on the roof, tilt-and-turn windows, radiant flooring, an elevator, and whole-house integrated control from a phone.
- RKD Architects and Elemental Homes were selected to complete the design and construction of a major renovation to bring a spectacular Hilltop home, originally designed in 1968 by Charles Haertling, up to today’s higher standard of living. The renovation preserved the original integrity of the home, while adding a master bedroom suite, new cylindrical glass entry feature, and a small roof top pavilion where the owners will be able to enjoy a sunset over the mountains and city skyline.
- In the City Park West neighborhood, visit a new residence designed and built on an infill lot by Monopole Design Architecture and Construction. This modern structure respects the scale, rhythm, and proportions of the neighborhood, while employing the latest in passive, solar design techniques in its siting, construction, and mechanics. Light, color, tactile surfaces, and natural materials, all add to the human experience of the new, modern home.
- Take a walk through and visit an open unit in the Lumina building, designed by Tres Birds Workshop, located just a few doors down from the first home in Highland. This multi-unit, mixed-use building features natural sunlight woven throughout the building. Lumina uses the sun for energy in two ways, both passively and through the use of a vertical PV solar system that helps reduce the need for electricity and reliance on fossil fuels through a system of solar panels that create the walls for the main stair tower, a move that consolidates and conserves building materials.
- In the new Midtown community in north Denver, visit a brand new home recently finished, with interior design by Neoteric Décor LLC. All homes in this new 184-acre urban lot are extremely energy efficient and have both modern and contemporary finishes. Midtown will soon be connected by walking and biking trails and a stop on the new Gold Line. This home’s interior design is a wonderful mixture of mid-century modern and new modern furnishings.
- Visit a progressive modern masterpiece by Pappas Architecture and Design in the Montclair neighborhood. The home features an open main floor layout, glass walls, lots of natural light, and a one-of-a-kind staircase. There is also a loft overlooking the main floor with views of the city. This home is currently on the market for sale by Cherry Creek Properties.
- In the North neighborhood of central Denver, visit a brand new home designed by Hodgin Architecture, which features an open living floor plan and an immense window opening at the staircase that provides a translucent flood of light to the stair and central core of the home, while maintaining privacy. Large sliding doors at the rear open onto a small covered patio and intimate garden space. The home design provides open, airy spaces filled with natural light and connections to the exterior spaces all on a challenging long, narrow urban lot in central Denver.
Habitat for Humanity Metro Denver has been selected as the benefiting non-profit partner for the 2016 Denver Modern Home Tour. They will help staff the event in exchange for a donation and opportunity to use the tour as a fundraising vehicle. Denver’s 5280 Magazine has signed on as the tour’s exclusive magazine partner.
Participating homes in the 6th annual Denver Modern Home Tour will open their doors for viewing from 11AM – 5PM on Saturday, May 21st, in and around the Denver, Colorado area. All are invited to attend. Kids under 12 may accompany their parents free of charge. Tickets are priced at $35 in advance and $40 on the day of the tour. For more details on the Denver Modern Home Tour and to buy tickets, visit http://modernhometours.com/event/2016-denver-modern-home-tour.
About Modern Home Tours, LLC: Based in Austin, Texas, Modern Home Tours, LLC was founded by James Leasure in 2010 to introduce modern architecture and living to people across the nation. Through fun and informative tours in dozens of cities across the USA and Canada, the group invites people into some of the most exciting examples of modern architecture and design in the nation. With carefully selected architects, neighborhoods and architecture, the Modern Home Tours are unlike anything you’ve ever seen. Not only will you learn about the cutting edge of home design while on our tours, but you might even get an idea or two for your next home project!