"FlexJobs' growth and success is evidence not only of the growing demand for flexible work from job seekers but also in how much more employers are embracing it," said Sara Sutton Fell, Founder and CEO of FlexJobs
Boulder, CO (PRWEB) January 09, 2017
FlexJobs, founded 10 years ago this month, is excited to announce a three week celebration on its website, featuring a contest for job seekers, a webinar with FlexJobs Founder and CEO Sara Sutton Fell, stories from real flexible workers, and content examining the growth of the flexible job market since the company’s launch in 2007.
During the last 10 years, FlexJobs has helped over 2 million job seekers in their search for flexible jobs, in the United States and from dozens of countries around the world, such as Argentina, Botswana, Brazil, Chile, Israel, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Romania, Philippines, Serbia, and the United Kingdom. FlexJobs has also published over 4,100 articles on its job search advice blog, covering various career topics, advice for finding flexible jobs, flexible work trends and news, webinars for job seekers, and resources for flexible job seekers.
To date, FlexJobs has researched and posted flexible jobs from over 47,000 companies that are verified as flexible employers. Today, FlexJobs features approximately 34,000 active flexible job listings from 5,000 companies across 55 job categories. A “flexible job” is defined as a professional-level job that has a telecommuting, flexible schedule, freelance, or part-time component.
In October, FlexJobs released the FlexJobs 250: Top Companies for Flexible Jobs. FlexJobs will reveal the 2017 Top 100 Companies for Telecommuting Jobs in late January.
“I started FlexJobs 10 years ago after experiencing first-hand the frustrating search for professional jobs that also offered flexible work options. I’m beyond thrilled to say that there has been great progress in the availability of flexible jobs since then, and I’m honored to have played a part in that,” said Sara Sutton Fell, Founder and CEO of FlexJobs. “I strongly believe that the modern workplace should address the needs of today's workforce, and flexible work is a critical element to making this happen. FlexJobs’ growth and success is evidence not only of the growing demand for flexible work from job seekers but also in how much more employers are embracing it,” Sutton Fell concluded.
The most popular flexible job categories since FlexJobs’ launch in 2007 have consistently been Medical & Health, Computer/IT and Education & Training. The top five job categories which have recently experienced the most growth in flexible job postings are Government & Politics, Engineering, Project Management, Communications and Travel & Hospitality.
There have been notable advancements in flexible work, including:
- 80 percent of U.S. companies currently offer flexible work arrangements.
- 75 percent of companies worldwide have introduced flexible working policies and 58 percent of US companies have reported increased profits after implementing flexible working.
- Over the last decade, the number of people doing freelance and contract work has risen by almost 10 million people.
- Since 1995, occasional telecommuting has grown from 9 percent to 37 percent in the U.S.
- FlexJobs experienced a 75 percent increase in the number of flexible jobs posted in its database from 2013 to 2015.
- Flexibility is a top feature workers want in a job -- ranked just behind competitive pay and benefits.
The FlexJobs 10th anniversary celebration will include:
- A contest inviting job seekers to share why they love, or would love, to have a flexible job, with over $3,600 in prizes. Ten winners will receive a one year subscription to FlexJobs, two runners up will receive resume writing packages valued at nearly $400 and one winner will take home a job search-related grand prize valued at over $2,400.
- A webinar on January 17 at 1 pm ET, featuring FlexJobs Founder and CEO Sara Sutton Fell offering her tips to find a flexible job.
- Inspiring stories of various job seekers from a variety of backgrounds that have found flexible work through FlexJobs.
- Dedicated content on the FlexJobs blog exploring topics such as the timeline of the growth in work flexibility, and employers supporting workplace flexibility then, now, and in the future.
The audiences for work flexibility are far ranging, such as working parents, retirees, millennials, entrepreneurs, caretakers, digital nomads, people with disabilities, military spouses, students, environmentalists, and more. Since 2013, the top reasons people seek flexible work include work-life balance, family, time savings, and commute stress.
For more information about the celebration, please follow the hashtag #flexjobs10th on social media, visit https://www.flexjobs.com/blog/flexjobs10th or contact Kathy Gardner at kgardner(at)flexjobs(dot)com.
FlexJobs is the leading online service for professionals seeking telecommuting, flexible schedule, part-time, and freelance jobs. With flexible job listings in over 50 career categories, and opportunities ranging from entry-level to executive and freelance to full-time, FlexJobs offers job seekers a safe, easy, and efficient way to find professional and legitimate flexible job listings. Having helped over two million people in their job searches, FlexJobs has appeared on CNN and Marketplace Money and in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, TIME, Forbes, Fortune, Fast Company and hundreds of other trusted media outlets. FlexJobs' Founder & CEO Sara Sutton Fell has also launched two additional partner sites, Remote.co and 1 Million for Work Flexibility, to help provide education and awareness about the viability and benefits of remote working and work flexibility. Sutton Fell is also the creator of The TRaD* Works Conference (*Telecommuting, Remote, & Distributed), dedicated to helping companies leverage the benefits of telecommuting, remote and distributed teams.