Insurance Jobs Up By 9,000 in January, Report Says

Share Article

Leading Insurance Career Site, InsuranceJobs.com Shares Insurance Employment Trends from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Economic Situation Report

News Image
While January’s gain of 9,000 jobs is only a small increase over the previous month, the average monthly gain for 2016 was only 3,800 jobs. As such, January 2017 had the largest number of jobs gained in any month over the past year.

The insurance industry grew 0.35 percent, gaining 9,000 jobs in January, according to preliminary numbers revealed in the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Economic Situation Report released on Friday, February 3, 2017.

“Employment gains in the insurance industry grew by 15 percent in January over December,” said Jay Rollins, owner of the insurance employment website InsuranceJobs.com. “While January’s gain of 9,000 jobs is only a small increase over the previous month, the average monthly gain for 2016 was only 3,800 jobs. As such, January 2017 had the largest number of jobs gained in any month over the past year.”

The insurance industry now sits at 2,613,000 employed workers with an unemployment rate of 3.3 percent. Over the last 12 months, the insurance industry has gained 51,600 jobs. “The insurance subsector, alongside the credit intermediation subsector, made up 90 percent of overall growth within its parent sector in January,” said Rollins. The remaining 10 percent, or 1,900 jobs, were gained in the securities, commodity contracts, investments, and funds and trusts subsector.

About InsuranceJobs.com:
Established in 2006, InsuranceJobs.com is the leading insurance jobs website for insurance careers. Currently, the site has over 250,000 registered job seekers and 6,500 registered employers. Users can create a profile, upload their resume, apply to positions and engage in our social communities. Employers can post insurance job opportunities and browse a resume bank for applicants. Thousands of new jobs are listed each month by geographic location and specialty, including insurance claims, actuarial, adjuster, agents, clerical, customer service, health, life, risk management, sales, investigators, insurance underwriters, workers compensation and more.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Bob Thomas
RSG, Inc.
+1 770-425-8576
Email >
@MyInsuranceJobs
since: 08/2009
Follow >
Insurance Jobs
since: 12/2011
Like >
Follow us on
Visit website