Deerfield, IL (PRWEB) March 09, 2017
Refrigerated & Frozen Foods magazine, a Deerfield, Ill.-based unit of BNP Media, Troy, Mich., announced its fifth annual Best New Retail Products contest.
Editor-in-chief Marina Mayer (mayerm(at)bnpmedia(dot)com) reviewed all of the new retail products published in print and online at http://www.RFFmag.com from October 2016 to February 2017. From the hundreds of products, she nominated 17 refrigerated and frozen foods and beverages to be named Top 5 Readers’ Choice Best New Retail Product.
The nominees were selected based on uniqueness to the market, packaging enhancements, on-trend flavor profile, consumer need and better-for-you ingredients. Products were NOT selected based off of samples.
How it works is users visit http://www.refrigeratedfrozenfood.com/readers-choice-2017 and vote for their favorite new retail product. Users can vote multiple times throughout the duration of the contest, but only once a day.
“I created this contest as a way to get the industry more involved and more aware of the new product developments in many of today’s grocers’ chilled and frozen aisles,” says Mayer. “Despite how low the economy dips or what consumers are saying on social media, refrigerated and frozen foods processors continue to develop, innovate and expand their portfolios. This contest helps celebrate new product creation.”
The Top 5 winners will publish in a special report in Refrigerated & Frozen Foods’ July 2017 State of the Industry issue, and will deliver an online-only interview on new product development, industry trends and what’s to come in the future.
The nominees are as follows:
- Pint Slices from Ben & Jerry’s
- MAIO line of refrigerated yogurt-based spreads from Bolthouse Farms
- Drinkable Veggies line of ready-to-drink beverages from Bonafide Provisions
- Signature Sidekicks Side Dishes from Celebrity Chef Robert Irvine
- Dunkin’ Donuts ready-to-drink iced coffee beverages from Dunkin’ Donuts and Coca-Cola Co.
- Breaded Cheddar Cheese Curds from Farm Rich
- Doritos Loaded Frozen Nacho Snacks from Frito-Lay
- TRIO layered ice cream from Häagen-Dazs
- Frozen novelties and ice cream from Hostess Brands and Nestlé Dreyer’s Ice Cream Co.
- Misfits “Ugly” produce from Hy-Vee & Robinson Fresh
- Velveeta cheese snacks from Kraft Heinz
- Frozen rolls and baguettes from La Brea Bakery
- Chewy ice cream from Lezzetli Mediterranean Ice Cream
- Chicken bites breaded with Cheez-It crackers from Mistica Foods and Kellogg Co.
- Heat-and-eat veggie bowls from MorningStar Farms
- Frozen fruits and vegetables that help end hunger from Seal the Seasons
- Refrigerated macaroni & cheese kit from Three Bridges
Go to http://www.refrigeratedfrozenfood.com/readers-choice-2017 to cast your vote. Voting takes place March 6 through March 31, 2017 at midnight CST.
About the Contest
Now in its fifth year, the Best New Retail Products contest is a way to honor and celebrate the unique innovation of today’s cold food and beverage products. Marina Mayer, editor-in-chief of Refrigerated & Frozen Foods, created the contest to involve cold food and beverage processors and their consumers and customers in new product development and packaging optimization. The nominees were selected based on uniqueness to the market, packaging enhancements, on-trend flavor profile, consumer need and better-for-you ingredients. Products were NOT selected based off of samples. Go to http://www.refrigeratedfrozenfood.com/readers-choice-2017 to learn more about the contest and this year’s nominees.
About Refrigerated & Frozen Foods
Refrigerated & Frozen Foods is the only publication dedicated to the value-added convenience chilled and frozen foods channel. Its editorial focuses on all aspects of the chilled, refrigerated and frozen food segment, specifically on subjects like energy management, packaging solutions, food safety, food processing and supply chain and logistics. The print publication and website reaches more than 14,000 operation, engineering, production and logistics executives in the North American market. Go to http://www.RFFmag.com to learn more about Refrigerated & Frozen Foods.