Pekin, IL (PRWEB) March 09, 2017
With less than two weeks until the start of the 31st annual iaedp Symposium, scheduled for March 22 – 26 in Las Vegas, there are an unlimited reasons to attend. However, here are 10 reasons to plan to participate in this year’s event, featuring nearly 60 presentations, workshops and special events and the country’s leading professionals in the field of eating disorders.
1. Be part of a major networking event. Whether it’s over refreshments, during the panel discussions or in lobby conversations, there’s an opportunity to meet hundreds of people who are professionals in the field of eating disorders.
2. Plan ahead to maximize time and experience with the iaedp mobile application, a free interactive tool that makes it easy for attendees to plan and participate in the 2017 Symposium. The application, available online through the Apple iPhone “App Store” and Google Play, allows navigation of 10 multi-touch features so Symposium attendees can easily point and click on the different areas that encompass iaedp’s annual conference event.
3. See the top five finalists in the 7th annual “Imagine Me Beyond What You See” body image mannequin art competition. Selected from 15 submissions from around the U.S., the top five finalists will be showcased and the winner revealed during this year’s Symposium.
4. Experience The Illusionists, a ground-breaking documentary about the body as the finest consumer object and the pursuit of ideal beauty around the world. The film reveals how corporations profit by making people, both women and men, feel insecure about the way they look. Presenters offer a Q. & A. session following the film.
5. Participate in precertification courses that begin just before the Symposium program. For experienced eating disorders professionals who qualify, this program is a pathway to the certification process.
6. Take advantage of the preconference trainings that address the clinical complexity of eating disorders. Workshops here include a combination of didactic material and experiential exercises, explore a model for supervision and training that fosters the development of clinical wisdom, complex case conceptualization skills and countertransference awareness.
7. Learn about MemberSHARE. As a way to further its mission at the grassroots level, the iaedp Foundation has launched MemberSHARE, an online peer community solely dedicated to fostering an environment to support its professional members.
8. Experience four key presentations in Spanish. Many international members prefer the Spanish presentations, and other members are bilingual to better serve some of their patients. Previous years’ Spanish-only presentations at the Symposium have been popular. The series is continuing in 2017, with one additional presentation.
9. Experience the tradition of the past 30 years with the ceremonial Presentation of the Colors by the local Civil Air Patrol Cadets, the Henderson Composite Squadron and the 802nd Cadet Squadron. This will be followed by the iaedp Chapter State Flags and International Flags, honoring the professionals who come together each year to advance learning.
10. Have fun in a city that never sleeps. Set on the warm desert sands, Las Vegas offers desert climate and a relaxing environment with an immense diversity of entertainment options.
Registration information, the 2017 program schedule and specific information about each presentation and all presenters at the 2017 iaedp Symposium can be found at http://www.iaedp.com.
About iaedp: Since 1985, the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals has provided education and training standards to an international and multidisciplinary group of various healthcare treatment providers and helping professions. The