Seattle, WA (PRWEB) March 16, 2017
Archbright, a go-to resource for HR advice and legal counsel for employers in Washington State, Idaho, and Oregon today announced $200,000 in funding to be distributed to 6 non-profit organizations that provide health and wellness services to the Puget Sound community.
In 2014, Archbright endowed $1.8 million to be awarded over 10 years via the Seattle Foundation in the amount of $200,000 each year. The mission of Archbright’s Health and Wellness Fund is to encourage healthy lifestyle outcomes of Pacific Northwest residents by providing the promotion of health and wellness education, research, and services.
“Many of this year’s recipients are members of Archbright, so we are intimately involved in realizing their missions and are happy to support their efforts further with this cash donation,” said Archbright president and CEO Shannon Kavanaugh. “Educating, promoting, and ultimately improving the health and wellness of individuals in our community benefits us all.”
Grants were awarded this year to support the general operating expenses of these organizations:
- Bloodworks Northwest saves lives through research, innovation, education and excellence in blood, medical and laboratory services in partnership with our community.
- FareStart helps people overcome the barriers to employment by developing the work and life skills they need to have lifelong careers through social enterprise restaurants, cafes, catering, and community meals programs.
- HealthPoint strengthens communities and improves people’s health by delivering quality health care services, breaking down barriers and providing access to all.
- Little Bit Therapeutic Riding Center improves the bodies, minds, and spirits of children and adults with disabilities through equine-assisted therapies and activities.
- Neighborcare Health is the largest provider of primary medical and dental care in the Seattle area for low income and uninsured families and individuals, serving the community for almost 50 years.
- YMCA of Greater Seattle strengthens communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility reaching more than 238,000 people of all backgrounds, abilities and financial circumstances annually.
Archbright™ is the go-to resource for employers in Washington, Idaho, and Oregon. At our core, we offer HR Advice and Legal Counsel through annual membership. Our focus is helping companies elevate workplace performance. With three membership levels to choose from, benefits may include access to the HR Hotline, On-Call Safety Advice, the online HR Toolkit, Employment Law and Labor Law advice, Compensation Survey Data, and more. Learn more at: http://www.archbright.com.
About Seattle Foundation
Seattle Foundation ignites powerful, rewarding philanthropy to make Greater Seattle a stronger, more vibrant community for all. Focused on creating equity and opportunity, our goal as a community foundation is to simplify giving and strengthen the impact of philanthropy for the more than 1,200 individuals, families, businesses and nonprofits we serve. We provide deep community insights, powerful civic leadership, effective philanthropic advising and judicious stewardship of assets in support of our mission. In addition, Seattle Foundation annually presents GiveBIG, a 24-hour online giving event to raise funds for area nonprofit organizations. Learn more at: http://www.seattlefoundation.org.