Cyber attacks have emerged as one of the most urgent threats facing healthcare organizations today
New York (PRWEB) April 14, 2017
HIMSS announced today that Kaiser Permanente’s Chief Technology Risk Officer and SVP George DeCesare, along with FBI’s M.K. Palmore, Assistant Special Agent in Charge of San Francisco’s Cyber Branch, will keynote Day 1 and Day 2 at the HIMSS Privacy & Security Forum, the nation’s foremost event for health organizations tackling data security. The event kicks off at the Grand Hyatt San Francisco, May 11-12, 2017.
DeCesare will deliver his keynote, The Evolving Healthcare Information Security Organization, May 11, 2017, at 9:05 a.m. Palmore will deliver the Day 2 keynote, Know Your Enemies: FBI Guide to Cyber Trends and Emerging Threats, May 12 at 9:05 a.m.
“Cyber attacks have emerged as one of the most urgent threats facing healthcare organizations today,” said John Whelan, Executive Vice President, HIMSS Media. “The Privacy & Security Forum was designed to arm security pros with critical insights they need to deal with these threats, and provide attendees real-world strategies from the nation’s top data security experts on how to better minimize risk and safeguard the data.”
Sponsored by Level 3 Communications, Protiviti, Sailpoint, Sungard, Symantec, Tanium, Unisys, VMWare, and Zingbox, the two-day HIMSS Privacy & Security Forum features 21 deep-dive sessions and eight networking sessions. New this year, attendees will also have the unique opportunity for one-on-one networking sit-downs with the speaker of their choice.
The HIMSS Privacy & Security Forum West Coast edition brings together prominent security experts from leading organizations who will share critical strategies around cybersecurity; incident response; emerging threats; ransomware, risk management, identity and access management; HIPAA audits; medical device security; strategic communication; BAAs, and more.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), San Francisco: M.K. Palmore, Assistant Special Agent in Charge, Cyber Branch
- Kaiser Permanente: George DeCesare, Chief Technology Risk Officer
- Arizona State University: Kim Jones, Director, Cybersecurity Education Consortium
- Cancer Treatment Centers of America: Bob Eichler, Director, Information Security
- Christiana Care Health System: Anahi Santiago, CISO
- Henry Ford Health System: Jane Harper, Director, Privacy & Security Risk Management
- Inspira Health Network: Joseph Piccolo, VP, Corporate Compliance
- Intermountain Healthcare: Bruce James, Director, Cybersecurity Architecture
- Sentara Healthcare: Dan Bowden, CISO
- Texas Hospital Association: Fernando Martinez, Chief Digital Officer
- Troutman Sanders: Erin Whaley, Partner
- UC Berkeley: Betsy Cooper, Executive Director, Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity
- UCSF School of Medicine: Jamie Lam, Data Security Compliance Manager
- University of Michigan: Kevin Fu, Associate Professor, Computer Science & Engineering
- Visit our event website for more information, to register now, or see a complete speaker lineup.
About HIMSS Media
HIMSS Media is the fastest growing B2B media group focused exclusively on healthcare and technology markets. Through its suite of market-leading brands, such as Healthcare IT News, Healthcare Finance and MobiHealthNews, HIMSS Media delivers news, analysis and must-have information to an audience of senior healthcare and technology influencers. HIMSS Media is also the leading producer of important live events, such as MobiHealthNews 2016, Privacy & Security Forum, Pop Health Forum, Revenue Cycle Solutions Summit, and Big Data and Healthcare Analytics Forum.
HIMSS is a global voice, advisor, convener, and thought leader of health transformation through the best use of IT with a unique breadth and depth of expertise and capabilities to improve the quality, safety, and cost-effectiveness of health and healthcare. Through its network of over 1 million professionals, including 64,000-plus members, HIMSS advises leaders, stakeholders and influencers globally on IT best practices to ensure decision-makers have the right information at the right time to make the right decisions. HIMSS North America, HIMSS Analytics, Personal Connected Health Alliance, HIMSS Media and HIMSS International (HIMSS Europe, HIMSS Asia and HIMSS Middle East) are the five business units of HIMSS. A not-for-profit headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HIMSS has additional offices in North America, Europe, United Kingdom, and Asia.