Charleston, SC (PRWEB) April 19, 2017
The Jefferson Awards honor unsung heroes in the community, who spot a need and then make a difference – without any expectation of fame or wealth. The Award is a high civil honor founded in 1972 by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, Samuel Beard and Senator Robert Taft. Recipients of the national award include Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, astronaut John Glenn and many others. At the local level, we are proud to say that Charleston, South Carolina has a group of extraordinary volunteers who make South Carolina a better place to be.
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is proud to partner with ABC News 4 to celebrate those who have done so much to help South Carolina and the nation with their service. With these news broadcasts and awards, they hope to bring more good news to the world and help inspire more charitable acts.
What have they done to win a Jefferson Award?:
- An 11-year-old boy helped feed 21,000 hungry children after creating I Heart Hungry Kids;
- Bringing truckloads of water to those in Flint, Michigan, whose water has been poisoned by lead
- Combatting Veteran PTSD with an innovative treatment - Surfing, The Warrior Surf Foundation
- Creating Fresh Future Farms, organization that provides jobs and affordable, organic, and healthy food, inspiring hundreds of new community gardens
- A staffing company that helps people work their way out of difficulty and homelessness, “In Every Story Staffing,”
- Don and Isabelle Oswald, a couple who brings music and ministry to senior citizens; and
- Alana Simmons, who started the Hate Won’t Win movement after the horrific Emanuel 9 shooting in downtown Charleston, SC
The National Awards Ceremony in Washington, DC, will be held on Friday, June 23rd, where many unsung heroes from across the nation will be recognized for their contributions to the community. Since the start of the program, the Jefferson Awards have identified and honored more than 50,000 people with outstanding and selfless public service. It is one of the country’s longest standing and most prestigious awards.
More details, video and photos are available at the George Sink, P.A. Personal Injury Lawyers website —bit.ly/gsjeffersonawards
George Sink, P.A. Injury Lawyers is a full-service law firm that serves residents throughout South Carolina in the areas of personal injury, Social Security disability, and workers' compensation. In addition to helping injured South Carolinians and their families, the firm also supports a number of charitable organizations. More information about the firm can be found at: http://www.sinklaw.com.