(PRWEB) April 24, 2017
Serial Port Monitor by Eltima Software is a professional software solution for RS232/422/485 COM port monitoring. With Serial Port Monitor users can monitor and analyze serial port activity thanks to comprehensive logs and various views of captured data. Data can be viewed in table, line, dump or terminal modes and all of these views can be displayed at once in the app window. Synchronized highlighting of data packets allows comparing them in different views right away. Flexible filters let you review and analyze the data precisely.
Serial Port Monitor efficiently monitors COM port data exchange between serial devices and any Windows application, debugging computer connection with peripheral COM devices. This is an ideal solution for solving issues with serial (RS232/422/485) data communication control networks and devices, for running various tests for software and hardware solutions, etc.
Serial Port Monitor can capture and record all serial input/output control codes (IOCTLs), tracking their full details. All COM-port types are supported: standard on-board ports, extension board ports, Serial-via-USB adapters. This software can connect to a COM port that is already in use by an application and the monitoring process will start right away. All data is captured in real time, so any possible issues can be tracked down immediately.
With Serial Port Monitor 7.0 one is getting:
- Possibility to monitor multiple ports during one session. Collect and analyze the data on how apps communicate with two or more ports and several devices concurrently within a session. All captured data is recorded into one log on a first-in first-out basis.
- Different view types for collected data. All four monitoring views can be opened at the same time in app window: table, line, dump and terminal mode, are all different ways to represent recorded serial data. Flexible monitoring filters can save a lot of time as users don't have to dig through unneeded data.
- Emulation of data transmission to a serial device. Serial Port Monitor can send data in various formats (string, binary, octal, decimal, hexadecimal, mixed) to a monitored serial port with a device as if it was sent by a specific application. This allows following the reaction of a monitored serial device to specific commands and data.
- Full support for Modbus RTU and Modbus ASCII protocols. Starting this version Serial Port Monitor can read and help you analyze the Modbus data. Establishing connection with RS485/422/232 devices is easy with Serial Port Monitor solution.
- Possibility to reproduce and compare monitoring sessions. Serial Port Monitor can resend data received from the app to the serial port. This allows reviewing port's behavior on receipt of the same data for as many times as needed. Sessions can be compared with the possibility to automatically display the differences between them.
New version also got some tunings of interface and some monitoring process improvements.
Serial Port Monitor works with Windows (32-bit and 64-bit): XP/2003/2008/Vista/7/8/10, Windows Server 2012 and 2016.