We believe the Annual Conference strongly contributes to our brand’s continued unity, success and growth. Congratulations to all of our 2016 award winners; each one has worked very hard and truly deserves the recognition.
Mississauga, Ontario (PRWEB) April 20, 2017
The Second Cup Coffee Company Inc. has been brewing excitement all year. Having recently opened new cafes in Malaysia, Poland and Georgia, the Canadian café company has also celebrated great growth in their over 32 regions around the world.
The company recently hosted their annual International Conference ‘Brewing Globally’ in Cyprus this year to recognize and celebrate franchise partner achievements from around the world. The conference was also an opportunity to showcase the magnificent new café design of the recently renovated flagship café in Nicosia to its International Franchise Partners in order to highlight the brand’s design trends for 2017. The beautiful café includes a library, two enclosed patios, a secured supervised play area for children and multiple spacious seating areas. Whether it’s the premium coffee or the endless assortment of delicious food and desserts made on premises, Second Cup Egkomi is always at capacity with line ups out the door.
Every year the conference is attended by representatives of Second Cup’s International partners, in who collectively own and operate over 200 international cafes in 32 regions globally, to hear about the latest brand innovations, new products and equipment and design. The highlight of the Conference is the gala awards banquet recognizing and distinguishing certain partners and cafes for outstanding accomplishments.
“We are always very happy to see our partners from all over the world gather at the annual Conference,” said Mr. Jim Ragas, President and CEO of The Second Cup Coffee Company Inc. “A wonderful energy is created when so many dedicated and determined individuals get together to share ideas and share their experiences from year to year. We believe the Annual Conference strongly contributes to our brand’s continued unity, success and growth. Congratulations to all of our 2016 award winners; each one has worked very hard and truly deserves the recognition,” shared Ragas.
International categories and winners include:
- Barista Champion Winner: Vlad Bulgariu, Nicosia, Cyprus
- Latte Art Champion: Arjiel Justiniano, Kuwait
- Café of the Year Award: Egkomi Nicosia, Cyprus
- Community Award: JSMR Trading Limited, Birmingham and Simurg IKT Company, Azerbaijan
- Dedication Award: Ghamdam Group, Yemen
- Development Award: The Experience Buzz Ltd, Cyprus and Unicore Retails International, Pakistan
- Digital Age Award: NAE World, Ghana and Unicore Retails International, Pakistan
- Food Program Award: D&H International, Kuwait
- Franchise Partner of the Year Award: Unicore Retails International PVT – Pakistan
- Marketing Award: D&H International, Kuwait and Unicore Retails International, Pakistan
- Operating & Business Development Manager of the Year Award: Nicolas Economides, The Experience Buzz Ltd, Cyprus and Asim Majeed, Unicore Retails International, Pakistan
- Operating Standards Award: JSMR Trading Limited, Birmingham
- President’s Award: INGRESS Partners, Bahrain
- Promotion Program Award: Dar Al Shifa, Kuwait
- Sales Award: NAE World, Ghana
- Café Same Store Sales Increase Award: Al Ghurair, UAE
- Sustainability Award: INGRESS Partners, Bahrain and D&H International, Kuwait
- Transaction Award: Basra, Kurdistan and Vulcan, Romania
- Transaction Average Award: Baia De Lunanda, Angola
- Supplier of the Year Award: Serve Canada, Ontario, Canada
Second Cup grew from its humble beginnings in 1975 in Toronto, Ontario, and over the past 40 plus years the company has expanded globally to over 32 regions worldwide with over 200 cafes operating internationally.