Opening in April 2018, Park of Poland's first phase will showcase a variety of Polin's signature waterslides in a glass-enclosed water park.
(PRWEB) April 23, 2017
Phase one of a new entertainment facility, Park of Poland, debuts this month with the opening of a huge indoor aqua park named "Waterworld". Eventually, the overall facility will grow into the largest amusement park in not only Poland but all of Central and Eastern Europe. It is expected to be second only to Disneyland Paris in size and scope.
The first phase on its own is impressive enough, however. A giant all-glass enclosure wraps around the aqua park, which will cover 20 hectares (49 acres) and feature more than a dozen of Polin Waterparks' signature waterslides. All waterslides have unique design and ride configuration specially designed for this amazing waterpark. A glass-paneled domed roof can slide open or closed to create a palm-tree-filled paradise no matter what the weather.
A major investment and opportunity
The new park is being developed by Global City Holdings (Rotterdam, Holland) in cooperation with strategic partner Wund Unternehmensgruppe (Friedrichshafen, Germany). Wund Unternehmensgruppe, which will be responsible for managing the waterpark, has significant experience with similar operations. The firm currently operates four large water parks in Germany. Its most well-known facility is Therme Erding, Europe's largest indoor swimming pool with a removable roof. Therme Erding is also recognized as the second-largest thermal bath complex in Europe at 145,000 square meters (1,560,767 square feet) and around 4,000 daily guests.
Global City Holdings is making the Park of Poland project one of its highest priorities and expects the facility to create a new industry in Poland and employ 1,100 people. Polin Waterparks is proud to be the waterpark supplier of Waterworld's entertainment offerings. More than 15 different signature waterslides will fill the facility, in addition to a tropical pool and large spa and wellness center.
The Park of Poland - with a budget of €180 million (US$190.6) - is being designed to appeal to clients of all ages. Further investments will be completed in the next six years with additional entertainment options that - like Waterworld - will be open all year. The park is located near the city of Mszczonów, about 60 kilometers (37 miles) from Warsaw. In its first year, the park is expected to attract 1 million guests.
A galaxy of waterslides
Waterworld will have three zones. The first is its giant swimming pool. A second area will take advantage of the area's natural geothermal water resources to provide indulgent spa treatments. The third will be "the center of the galaxy" and feature more than a dozen of Polin's signature waterslides. The colorful twisting tubes will soar above the lush landscape of tropical plants and orchids inside the facility and include:
- Windigo. Guests enter alongside one another in enclosed tubes that spread out to create geometrical curves that curl parallel with the others and end in multiracer lanes.
- The Multisurf. On this fast and freewheeling mat-racing slide, guests compete on a head-first path of two to six lanes.
- Looping Rocket. This attraction features a unique "launch capsule" 73 feet in the air with a trap door that sends riders through a high-speed, horizontal, 360-degree loop.
- The Space Hole. One of the largest speed slides combines an enclosed tube with a huge, open bowl where centrifugal force whirls guests toward a breathtaking exit.
- Wide Slide. This attraction offers a smooth ride for guests over multiple hills and is especially popular in Polin's "Flying Carpet" and rainbow themes.
- Magic Hole. An enclosed slide with a unique elliptical shape and flat bottom, this ride delivers an unforgettable experience with a variety of twists, turns and drops.
- An Aquatube. Riders of this attraction begin three stories high and whiz through transparent tubes.
- An Aquatube + Body Slide combination. Riders begin three stories high, sliding through transparent tubes before entering a variety of slide paths and varying speeds.
- Black Hole. This enclosed tube slide offers a variety of special effects to create an out-of-this-world visual experience.
- Black Hole + Flying Boats + Space Shuttle combination. Guests are propelled along a journey through tubes and a space-shuttle-shaped pod before swirling into a surprise drop.
- Black Hole + Rafting Slide combination. One half of this slide provides high-speed travel through twisting, turning tubes while the second allows guests to ride together in rafts.
- Family Rafting Slide + Family Wave Slide combination. The family slide allows guests of all ages to ridetogether. The second half is Polin's new high-speed, uphill ride.
- Navigatour + Sphere combination. Hydro jets accelerate riders though a roller-coast-like experience, including a sphere where they're propelled side to side.
- Looping Rocket + Free fall combination. This high-adrenaline ride drops guests from a platform to simulate a free fall without the danger.
- Spheres + Navigatour + Black Hole combination. Water-injection propulsion shoots riders up and down hills, through a Sphere and into an enclosed tube slide.