We are delighted to have the opportunity to share our research at SIOP 2017, which is regarded as one of the industry’s most important annual conferences.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) April 24, 2017
OutMatch, a leader in helping organizations match the right people with the right jobs, has been selected to deliver a series of presentations at the prestigious 32nd Annual Conference of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, SIOP 2017, being held April 27-29 in Orlando, Florida.
OutMatch talent solutions experts will provide insight and expertise on a variety of topics at the intersection of behavioral science and today’s evolving workplace, from competency modeling and mobile assessment trends to 360-degree feedback ratings, regional differences in assessment results, and mergers and acquisitions in the I/O world. Their presentations will build on the data-driven approach to talent selection and employee development that enables OutMatch to assist companies in hiring and promoting better candidates and achieving business results.
“We are delighted to have the opportunity to share our research at SIOP 2017, which is regarded as one of the industry’s most important annual conferences,” said Keith McCook, Ph.D., Senior Director of Research and Science at OutMatch. “As I/O scientists, it is exciting to play an integral role in developing solutions that provide measurement, insight, and impact to improve hiring and enhance business productivity. We also look forward to gaining insight into new concepts and methodologies through interactions with our colleagues at this year’s event.”
OutMatch presentations during SIOP 2017 include:
- Competency Models: Develop, Socialize, Sustain. Chief Analytics Officer Carol Jenkins, Ph.D. will discuss best practices regarding job/competency analysis approaches taken for a variety of applications, and their importance in ensuring the right context, culture, and fit, as part of a panel discussion.
- Mobile Assessment Trends: Small Screens Becoming Mainstream. Senior Director of Research and Science Keith McCook, Ph.D. and Senior Research Scientist Casey Johnson, M.S. will compare and contrast the effectiveness of mobile assessment administration formats, and highlight broader trends and advantages/disadvantages of mobile assessment formats.
- Going Global: Cross-Cultural Measurement of Big Five Personality Scales. McCook and Johnson will discuss the critical impact of regional differences in assessments, a timely topic as organizations increasingly move from domestic to global workforces.
- Factors to Consider in 360-Degree Feedback Ratings. McCook and Senior Research Analyst Ruth Stoner discuss factors that can affect 360 performance ratings, including the effects and relationships of culture, gender and personality, gender and importance performance, and personality and self-other discrepancies.
- M&As in the I/O World. Jenkins and McCook will discuss the merger that created OutMatch, including lessons learned during the process, and offer recommendations for future mergers, as part of a panel discussion involving I/O teams that have gone through the process.
Additionally, a poster designed by Research Analyst Andrew McGrory to be displayed at the event will showcase an investigational analysis of the key differences between smartphone and desktop assessments taken by applicants.
OutMatch works with large, decentralized organizations with high-volume hiring needs in the hospitality, restaurant, retail, healthcare, and property management industries, processing more than 10 million candidates per year for job opportunities at over 300,000 locations. OutMatch provides the measurement, insight, and impact companies need to make better hires, working with recognized names such as American Airlines, Aspen Dental, Brinker International, Circle K, Esurance, Hyatt, and La Quinta.
For information on the SIOP 2017 Conference, visit http://www.siop.org/conferences/17con/.
Building a high-performing company requires matching the right people with the right roles. But, hiring is often subjective, lacks clarity, and doesn’t help companies understand the impact of a new hire. OutMatch fixes these problems. Using industry-leading assessment technology and expertise, OutMatch delivers the predictive data that’s missing from the hiring process. With clear, measurable insight into candidates and new hires, managers make better hiring decisions, and organizations are finally able to measure the impact of hiring on the company. For more information, visit http://www.outmatch.com or @OutMatchHCM.