AUSTIN, TEXAS (PRWEB) April 28, 2017
Integrity Continuing Education is pleased to announce an upcoming live Continuing Medical Education (CME) meeting that will occur on Saturday, May 6, 2017 in Detroit, Michigan.
This live CME meeting titled, “2017 Hospital Medicine Summit” will provide innovative education for hospital-based healthcare providers (hospitalists, internal medicine physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and nurses) developed by leaders in the field that bring new expertise to the changing landscape of hospital-based medicine. This multi-topic educational initiative is designed to address the demand for hospital-based healthcare providers to provide acute care, as well as the treatment that patients require as they transition into the chronic-care healthcare system.
HMS will provide important educational updates on conditions that are commonly encountered including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, hepatic encephalopathy, and heart failure. It is essential for practitioners to be at the forefront of the anticipated changes healthcare policy that will affect payment for services in this setting.
Supported by educational grants from Boehringer Ingelheim, Mylan, Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a division of Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC, and Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Upon successful completion of the live CME meeting, participants should be able to:
Impacting Transitions of Care and Readmission Session
- Identify the challenges with transitions of care in healthcare
- Assess readmission challenges
- Describe the quality and economic impact of transitions of care and readmissions
- Review evidence based strategies and opportunities to improve transitions of care and readmissions
Hepatic Encephalopathy (HE) Session
- Describe the burden and need to prevent recurrence and re-hospitalizations for overt HE
- Evaluate the efficacy and safety of available and emerging agents for secondary prophylaxis of HE
- Develop a multidimensional management plan that includes long-term treatment strategies, as well as non-pharmacologic strategies, to care for patients with HE
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Session
- Describe long-term management strategies that may reduce COPD-related hospital readmissions
- Review important comorbidities of COPD as a part of a management strategy to reduce readmissions
- Incorporate cognitive and physical assessments during inpatient stays and outpatient visits to determine which device is the right device for patients with COPD
- Improve communication between inpatient and outpatient healthcare providers who manage patients with COPD to better coordinate care transitions
Heart Failure (HF) Session
- Appropriately classify chronic HF per the updated ACCF/AHA guidelines and discuss prognosis with patients
- Review the latest guidelines for the treatment and management of various patients with chronic HF, including those with comorbidities and polypharmacies
- Assess the clinical evidence on existing and emerging treatments in chronic HF to provide personalized therapy toward decreasing hospitalizations and mortality
- Implement strategies to enable patient adherence to treatment to achieve optimal health-related quality of life among patients with chronic HF
To view the accreditation information for this program, visit 2017.hospitalmedsummit.com.
To register for this free accredited meeting or for any other questions, please contact us:
Online at http://2017.hospitalmedsummit.com or call us at 512-708-4678
About Integrity Continuing Education
Integrity Continuing Education (Integrity CE) is a full-service, ACCME-accredited provider of continuing medical education, born from years of experience in the continuing medical education industry. Our mission is to develop and implement cutting-edge continuing medical education (CME)/continuing education (CE) initiatives featuring evidence-based scientific content of the highest integrity. The overall goal of our program is to provide today’s busy healthcare providers with CME activities of the highest quality in order to affect change in clinical practice by improving competence, performance, and ultimately, patient outcomes.
Integrity CE, located in Tinton Falls, New Jersey, was founded in 2006. Since its inception, Integrity CE has implemented over 1,500 medical education programs covering a variety of formats, disease states, and educational needs.
Release Issued by Audience Generation, LLC
Audience Generation is a forward-thinking agency at the forefront of the digital revolution and is a nationally and internationally recognized provider of integrated marketing, advertising, and technology services and solutions that offer a new way to find, generate, and engage live, online, social, and mobile audiences where they exist on demand.
Audience Generation is known for its creative strategy, actionable solutions and measurable approach to transforming the ways brands interact with their target audience, whether they exist in person, online, via social networks, or on their mobile devices.
Audience Generation has produced winning traditional, online, e-commerce, social and mobile campaigns including mobile application solutions for Fortune 500, small and medium businesses, not-for-profit organizations, national and international associations and societies, and venture-backed start-up companies across a variety of industry verticals around the world.
To learn how Audience Generation can find your ideal customer, reach them where they exist, build your brand, and grow your bottom line, please call us at 512-708-4678 or email us at mwayne(at)audiencegeneration(dot)com or visit us at http://www.audiencegeneration.com.