Huntingdon Valley, PA (PRWEB) April 27, 2017
Tick control is essential between now and October to protect family and pets from Lyme Disease and other dangerous tick borne illnesses. The first step in tick control is to know where ticks thrive and Giroud Tree and Lawn explains how to identify Tick Hot Spots and other steps to control this dangerous pest.
"Ticks usually live around the fringes of a yard," explains Lou Giroud, President of Giroud Tree and Lawn and ISA Certified Arborist. "Preferring shade and seeking protection from the sun, ticks hide out in ground level vegetation such as high grasses, underbrush, shrubs and woods."
Here’s how to take control and keep this dangerous pest away from outdoor play and living spaces:
1. Property inspection: Have an inspection by an ISA Certified Arborist to identify areas where ticks are likely to thrive.
2. Perimeter Clean-up: Ticks are shade lovers and can’t survive in the sun. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) provides detailed recommendations for preventing ticks in the yard by creating a Tick Safe Zone including:
- Remove leaf litter.
- Clear tall grasses and brush around homes and at the edge of lawns.
- Place a 3-ft wide barrier of wood chips or gravel between lawns and wooded areas to restrict tick migration into recreational areas.
3. 100% Organic Tick Control: A PA licensed applicator treats around the perimeter and other high risk areas. Giroud recommends using a 100% organic treatment made from essential oils including Peppermint and Cedar oils which are a natural repellent.
4. Deer Repellent: Deer are the primary carrier of ticks. Use a Deer Repellent treatment that is safe and water-resistant to deter deer from feeding on valuable plants!
5. Plant Selection: Have an ISA Certified Arborist identify plants that are attracting deer to the yard and suggest alternative plants.
For more information on tick control actions contact Giroud Tree and Lawn at 215-682-7704 or go to: https://www.giroudtree.com/contact-us.
About Giroud Tree and Lawn
Giroud Tree and Lawn specializes in tree service, tree removal and lawn care programs that make customers love doing business with the company since 1974. Serving Bucks, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties, the company offers professional tree and lawn evaluation, tree pruning, tree removal, insect and disease control, fertilizing, stump removal and traditional and 100% organic lawn programs to keep lawns healthy and green . Giroud Arborists are certified by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and have the knowledge and experience required to properly diagnose, treat and maintain trees and lawn health. The company is Accredited by the Better Business Bureau and has been awarded the Angie's List Super Service Award® every year since 2005. The “Giroud Treework for Charity” program donates free tree care services to parks, historical sites and other non-profit organizations located in the Company’s service area. For more information, visit the company website at https://www.giroudtree.com or call 215-682-7704.