This technology is groundbreaking in the 2D world of PDF drawings.
Columbus, OH (PRWEB) May 02, 2017
Columbus, Ohio-based, DISCUS Software is proud to announce their latest software update, DISCUS 9.0. The DISCUS Desktop software tools are productivity solutions that dramatically reduce the time it takes to complete first article inspection, in-process inspection planning and process planning.
This major upgrade includes enhancements to DISCUS Desktop FAI Suite and Planner. According to Jake Hart, Marketing Manager for DISCUS, “This release focuses on the feedback we've received from our customers and responds to a critical and long awaited industry need: Auto Ballooning of PDF and Tiff files."
Hart adds, “The goal of this latest release is to push DISCUS to a new level. DISCUS Desktop 9.0 with Auto Ballooning allows users to automatically balloon an entire page or drawing in just a few clicks. This technology is groundbreaking in the 2D world of PDF drawings and shows our commitment to our customers and their needs: ballooning automation.”
DISCUS customer, Tyler Gomes from STD Precision Gear & Instrument, Inc., applauds DISCUS Desktop 9.0, “The amount of time saved and the ability to provided clear results with clean drawings is great. When it comes to busy/dimension heavy drawings, this feature is going to shine in its ability to save time for anyone who is ballooning them. Overall, I would say these features will help immensely with the amount of time I spend daily doing DISCUS work. This is definitely one update that I am super excited to start using.”
DISCUS Desktop 9.0 is intuitive and improves OCR performance and responsiveness, while incorporating unique Auto Ballooning and OCR improvements, such as:
- With DISCUS Desktop Auto Ballooning, users can automatically balloon an entire page or drawing in a few clicks.
- Or users can select a specific area or view for auto recognition of balloon data and set up the specific requirements, with minimal user interactions.
- DISCUS OCR can now recognize stacked dimensions and automatically recognize references dimensions.
- DISCUS OCR allows users to capture ancillary text, such as TYP, THRU, CHAM, CHAMFER, DEEP, etc. This information is structured with appropriate notes.
- Users can now rotate dimensions by 15 degrees to support various dimensions that display at various angles other than 90 degrees. Images exported in the excel will be properly oriented and OCR will capture the data, as well.
- Inspection Planner allows users to enter results for any operation in addition to the final Inspection.
DISCUS Software is offering a free trial of the new DISCUS 9.0 update. In free trial mode, you can try out DISCUS Desktop for an indefinite period of time, but you will only be able to operate on the included set of input files (the example TDP, drawing, and specification files). To evaluate the DISCUS Desktop products with your input files, you can obtain a 30-day evaluation license by selecting the Get Evaluation License button on the Free Trial pop-up window within DISCUS Desktop.
# # #
DISCUS Software Company specializes in the development of software tools for accelerating manufacturing and quality engineering. Its software products are productivity solutions that dramatically reduce the time it takes to complete first article inspection reports, in-process inspection planning and process planning. DISCUS was the first software product to automate engineering drawing annotation and manufacturing inspection requirement extraction. DISCUS is the innovator, not the imitator in the First Article Inspection Reporting automation market. DISCUS is compatible with many of the requirements used by companies such as Boeing, Ford, GE, Lockheed, and Siemens. For more information visit http://www.DISCUSsoftware.com.