West Palm Beach, Florida (PRWEB) May 01, 2017
International diversity experts Haben Girma and Debra Ruh will present best practices for hiring persons with disabilities and the many positive benefits it has for businesses and employers at CareerSource Palm Beach County’s REACH Diversity Conference on Thursday, May 11 in West Palm Beach.
Haben Girma is the first deaf and blind woman to graduate from Harvard Law. She has also earned national and international recognition as a White House Champion of Change, Forbes 30 under 30, and BBC Women of Africa hero.
Debra Ruh is known worldwide for helping large corporations establish programs to work with and reach the growing audience of people with various ability levels and challenges.
The conference also features speakers from the Palm Beach School for Autism, the Florida Division of Blind Services, the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and other experts to update attendees on the latest practices and benefits for area businesses, employers and human resources professionals. The conference is sponsored by: ALL-TAG Security, Alpha Media, Publix, Family Bicycle, Florida Atlantic University CARD, Florida Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, PNC Bank, Pratt & Whitney – United Technologies, Robert Dattolo MD, Signs of Excellence, Solid Waste Authority, and Wells Fargo.
REACH (Reinforcing Employment Access and Career Hiring) Conference details are as follows:
- When: Thursday, May 11, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Holiday Inn Palm Beach Conference Center, 1301 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach, FL
- Registration: Early registration discount price of $49 per person deadline by Sunday, May 7 includes admission, continental breakfast, lunch, complimentary informative e-book by Debra Ruh, and CEUs. You can purchase REACH tickets online here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/reach-diversity-conference-2017-tickets-30700042654. Admission at the door is $75.
- Information: Go to http://www.careersourcepbc.com, call 561-340-1060 ext. 2604 or email sraffaelli(at)careersourcepbc.com
In addition to hosting this special event, CareerSource Palm Beach County offers various disability programs and services, including:
- Job readiness, assessment and placement for participants
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit information and assistance for employers
- Employer education and recruiting
- Financial wellness workshops
- Hospitality academy training and placement
CareerSource Palm Beach County is the non-profit organization chartered by the state to lead workforce development in Palm Beach County. During the past two program years, CareerSource assisted nearly 45,000 residents find employment ranging from entry level to executive suite, with salaries from these jobs creating $860 million in annual average wages. More information is available at: http://www.careersourcepbc.com.
Note to editors: You are invited to send a reporter/photographer/video crew to cover the REACH conference. Please call 561-340-1060 ext. 2436 by May 8 to arrange attendance at this event.