Taipei, Taiwan (PRWEB UK) 4 May 2017
QSAN, enterprise data storage manufacturer, today announced the launch of the XCubeDAS 5300 series, the product range that meets SMB and Enterprise needs. The XD5300 series is the most advanced QSAN product to date, offering a cost-effective DAS for server expansion. It is also a RAID expansion enclosure for QSAN XCubeSAN series (Storage Area Network).
The XCubeDAS 5300 series features a wide range of form factors and host connectivity options and all fully modular. The XD5300 range of DAS’s includes the world’s first 2U 26 bay, small form factor XD5326 in both dual active/active and single controller (upgradeable). This allows more deployment flexibility to meet user’s budgets and rack density limitations.
The XcubeDAS XD5300 systems offer fully redundant components for all major functions, including dual controllers, power supplies, fan, modules, host ports, and expansion ports, and can be perfectly used with XcubeSAN XS3200/XS5200 series. Besides hot swappable components, the XD5300 firmware is able to update without any system down time balancing I/O loading through multiple paths and dual controllers.
QSAN’s XD5300 comes with several key features:
- High Performance & High Throughput – the XCubeDAS 5300 series set a new storage standard for direct-attached storage. The series provides a smart and elastic runtime configuration of the 10 x 12Gb/s SAS wide ports support, and allows IT managers fully utilizing the 480Gb/s data bandwidth per system for various applications. The XD5300 Series can be connected in series of 10 XD5300 to achieve the maximum storage capacity.
- Flexible disk management–The LFF chassis of XD5324/5316/5312 models support mix and match 3.5”/2.5” SAS, NL-SAS HDD, and 2.5” SAS, SATA³ SSD. For SFF chassis of XD5326 models, it supports 2.5” SAS, NL-SAS HDD, and 2.5” SAS, SATA³ SSD.
- Versatile Topologies & Flexible Configurations – The XD5300 Series feature all 12Gb/s SAS topologies and permutations of all host and expansion port configurations. It supports all 12Gb/s SAS topologies, including Cascade, Reverse, and Tree and can be deployed freely to fit various connections to the host servers. With up to 10 x 12 Gb/s SAS ports support per system, this feature is crucial for users to plan a well-defined resource arrangement to achieve highly utilized performance and capacity of the XD5300 system.
- QSAN CubeView Central Management Software – Our self-developed software, the CubeView CMS (Central Management Software) can monitor and manage system log, disk drive status, enclosure, zoning function, firmware update, and, history record of system temperature, voltage, and fan speed. The systems also support command line and S.E.S. that allows IT managers completely control of the storage systems and agile configuration of powerful management.
- Wide Compatibility –QSAN’s has invested extensive testing resources to verify compatibility with peripherals including HBAs, RAID controller cards, SAS HDDs, and SSDs to make sure there is maximum interoperability with the XD5300 series.
- Green Technology – To safeguard the earth and environment, the XD5300 product range uses various green technologies for energy savings and minimization of the carbon footprint such as Wake-On-SAS technology.
Built with interoperability for the most popular operating systems, the XD5300 can be used for expansion of datacenter storage, archiving, cold storage, backup, large-scale surveillance, video streaming and editing. Compared to its Tier1 competitors, the XCubeDAS solution can be a more affordable alternative for all primary and secondary storage. Moreover, the XCubeDAS series can provide more than a 50% increase in performance, thanks to QSAN’s revolutionary technology and the 24/7 free technical support. Click here for more information on XD5300.
QSAN Technology, leading storage technology designer and manufacturer, was founded in July 2004. Building on our vast experience in the industry, QSAN strives to build enterprise class storage systems that pride ourselves with outstanding performance, secure data protection and comprehensive data management. QSAN endeavors to provide the industry with high quality data storage systems that are simple, secure, scalable and reliable. For more information, please visit http://www.QSAN.com